Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Blog Entries
    Boy, was I behind. So much fun reading, and I still got a bunch of work done. LOL That's my story. Anyway, I have my RWB quilt pieced, sandwiched quilted, and the binding sewn on. Just need to do the hand work to finish it up. Hope to mail tomorrow. I am still shooting for a delivery before the fourth!! Even with the trip and all, I am almost caught up. So hot in the house I can't work in there very well during the day. New motor for the air conditioning unit will be in tomorrow. If I don't melt before that. Who am I kidding? I wish I could melt a little!! LOL
    You guys have really made my day with all the rantings on here. OOmpa Loompa? Does that mean Blue? And circles. I watched a sewing with Nancy episode yesterday that showed how to do circles easily. Whoop! Hooop! I cannot wait to try that one out. I need a bigger bucket.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Received a beautiful string quilt today from Grandma Di, with a nice FQ and card, wrapped with red and white ribbon.

Name:  DSCF3095.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  102.6 KB

Thank you so much for my DQ.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    BEFORE I show you the MOST FANTABULOUS quilt in the world ... let me catch up on the thread ...

Ms Grace, that is a wonderful little quilt! I love the bonnet! Happy Birthday to your mum-in-law, Lyn!

Cogito, I love seeing the backs of quilts too, unless, of course it is one that I made that is chock full of eyelashes!

Luvstoquilt, I think the Irish equivalent is Mother of Pearl!

GrandmaDi, what a wonderful strip quilt. I just love the star!

OK, now to show you what the incredibly talented BuzzinBumble sent me!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    So ... hubby went out to the pharmacy and I don't know why but he decided to go to the post office to see if I had a package ... and I'm so glad he did!

The first thing I saw when I opened the box were two GINORMOUS bags of labels! I think Lara must have gone cruising the mall with scissors. Mama mia! I'm ready to stitch! I honestly got teary eyed over them. It was overwhelming!

Name:  Labels.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  61.6 KB

THEN I saw that she sent along a marvelous book Small Quilts ... which I will dive into later tonight ... more waterworks ...
    Name:  Small Quilts.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  80.4 KB

I saw a package at the bottom wrapped in the most delightful flowered wrapping paper and when I opened it, well, I can't even describe how I felt. There is a little Gypsy trailer and in front of it are the exact replicas of my pups, Feeney and Daisy! How did she do it. I am amazed and so touched. Look!

Name:  DSCI0001.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  677.5 KB

And they're in a little red wagon, which is something I saved from the flood

Name:  DSCI0003.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  673.2 KB

I opened Lara's card and then was completely overwhelmed. I had mentioned to her that I missed the crystal door knobs that had been in my house. What a beautiful, kind and thoughtful woman she is. Look at the little knob on the camper!

Name:  DSCI0002.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  685.3 KB

And here's the back ...

Name:  DSCI0004.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  674.7 KB

By the way, the quilt is perfectly square. My photo doesn't show it as I had it on the grass.

And if that wasn't enough ... she sent an adorable, funny postcard and matching earrings!

Name:  Earrings and Postcard.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  50.0 KB

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Lara, you are one in a million!
    Krystyna

Ooooohhhh that is just......I am speechless. So beautiful! So thoughtful and I am so happy for you Krystyna. Lara you did an awesome job on the whole package.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I KNOW!!! Look ...
    Name:  Daisy and Feeney small.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  27.3 KBName:  June 2013 by BuzzinBumble 2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  78.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Krystyna

Oh Krystyna, what a fabulous package of goodies Lara sent you! Lara everything you sent is just beautiful, I don't know how you did the camper doll quilt but it is just fantastic. Love, love, love it all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan

Krystyna, your enthusiastic thanks is better than the best birthday party! A gift in and of itself! I am so glad you liked it all!
    Thank you for the nice comments Anna & Jan. I always wanted to do a quilt in all 30's style fabrics. I'd like to say that I never in the world thought I would be able to do any kind of appliqué, but this swap has made me stretch my wings. This is the simplest kind of appliqué: raw edge shapes, heavily starched and fused with heat and bond before cutting out the shape (you can use a washable glue stick too) and then slowly and carefully stitched down. If you can cut out shapes and sew real slow, you can do it. Where I fall apart skill wise is in the actual quilting, so I try to keep it basic.
    My friend sewbeadit found that perfect fabric I used for the backing, which even had a matching trailer!

Krystyna, no worries, I wasn't hiding in the clothing racks at the mall, busily ripping out labels. Not long after I read you were collecting labels I raided our closets and only came up with a very meager handful. So I kept my eye out and by sheer luck ran across a lady who was getting rid of her label collection. It was just meant to be.

Grandma Di - I adore scrappy strip quilts and the one you made for Cindy is the bee's knees!
    Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 06-24-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

Buzzin Bumble, what an awsome little DQ you did for Krystyna.

What a cute fabrics and appliqued star. I am also a strip scrappy lover.
    A California poppies post card, are you in my state grandma Di?

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Received a beautiful string quilt today from Grandma Di, with a nice FQ and card, wrapped with red and white ribbon.

Name:  DSCF3095.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  102.6 KB

Thank you so much for my DQ.
    Anna Quilts

Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 43 52 53 54 63 ... LastLast