Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar

Mini Swap

Skaduzy sent me the cutest little mini -- plus matching coasters -- plus a refridgerator magnet that says it all! The quilting she did on the mini makes me envious of her skill -- loops with stars every so often. Reminds me of streamers and fireworks. Fantastic work! Thank you so much, and thanks for being my partner.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Nancy and skaduzy, darling, darling little quilt! Love this swap.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

I posted this on the new swap but didnt know if i should post it here too. Hope its ok, off topic:
    Ok, I'm putting a plea out....I have only recently learned of the wonderful things you can do with selveges, and oh what wonderful things one can do! I have been bitten bad and just realized it will take me forever to collect enough selveges to make anything of any size! So I am pleading to my doll quilt friends...if you have selveges and don't use them, will you share with me? I will gladly pay postage. Feel free to pm me. Who knows, maybe you will see it in one of my upcoming doll quilts
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Oh my goodness (Ooftah) Skaduzy! Nancy you are a lucky girl - that looks beautiful on your table! The matching coasters are adorable and the quilt itself is so pretty! I wish I could quilt like that. Practice practice practice.

Cogito - yup those selvage projcts look so cool. Don't have any or I would send them to you. I'll try to start saving them again.
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

Really nice quilt Skaduzy made. Nancy it looks great on your table.

Blog Entries
    It is really adorable. I have it at my office on top of the filing cabinet by the window. You see it going in and out of the door.

that is a nice quilt skaduzy. Love it and the coasters are special.

I won't be doing the July swap because of other obligations I need to do first, but hopefully join in again in August. Great little DQs ladies. It is a spectacular Fourth of July celebrations.
    Oh, another tidbit. I pulled mine from last years swap with urgodschild and hung it up in the office as well. Love showing these beauties off.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Sue (Sjkaduzy) what a fabulous little quilt and coasters! Lucky Nancy! They look fabulous on your table!

CogNEETO - I promised the current batch to my darling friend, RWQuilts, but I'll start on a new one for you!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Just got my DQ from Krisb today and I just love it. Thank You, Thank You, Thanks You. This was my first time doing this swap and I had way too much fun! There are 3 pictures the first is of the full quilt, the second is a close up of Lady Liberty made with thread - yea, can you say "WOW" and the last is the backing with the label.
    Krisb should be getting her DQ today if USPS tracking is correct. I hope she likes what I made as much as I like hers.
    I'm originally for the east coast (NJ) so have been to the statue so many times. My grandfather come through Ellis Island as a small boy from Scottland.

Thanks Kris for being a great swap partner.

Oh. by the way the fireworks are also made from thread.

Blog Entries
    That is cool, go Lady Liberty, you have now been imprinted forever in fabric. Nice job!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Great quilts...Speaking of which..feast your eyes on what Annaquilts sent me! It was in my mailbox when I got home a few minutes ago...I absolutely LOVE it..Anna you are really a master quilter!!!! It is just so pretty..thanks for being my partner!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast