Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 05-17-2013, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Robin I am so happy you are 1/2 way through...You are a real trooper and we are all praying for you! I know God is listening and he is simply loving you!

Bertie...I love your sailboats...I also love orange. Good grief, I expect I simply love all colors at least a little bit. Purple is starting to grow on me...maybe because I am loving the Pansy plants in my yard! Now the Iris are starting to bloom. I love, love, love SPRING. Are you making a quilt for Lisalisa? She was my DQ partner...must mean she can make 2 quilts this month, huh? I am not that brave yet!

Thanks to all who said they liked my little Crazy Quilt I sent to Lisalisa...I haven't had much time for reading and keeping up since my mom decided to just "give up" on Living. I am going over to see her soon but decided to catch up on the fun stuff and pay my bills.

Happiest day for everyone today...It is a major beauty here!
Yes, I am making a quilt for LisaLisa. I love iris and pansies, too. So cheerful in the yard. Mine got cleaned up and OUT by DH as have all the other flowers I've planted over the years. He calls them weeds, and just wants grass right up to the foundation of the house! BORING!

I never considered paying my bills was ' the fun stuff' but I am thankful I have the money to do so--usually, haha.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 AM

Very colorful and fun quilt! I see a lot of thought and time went into the making of that. How sweet you are!

I think of you running around snipping tags of shirts for Krystyna and want to laugh. I hate tags. Seriously hate them.they drive me absolutely bonkers in my clothing and are the first thing I remove and toss. ugh. I wouldn't even want to sew with them and they are so .. ugh. So glad they float your boat my dear

Speaking of odd collections.. what is your odd collection everyone? Mine?? turkeys. I have collected these stupid vases that are from say the50's and 60's small things you can put a posey in? and they are turkeys. ugly turkeys. but come fall when I Put out my turkey parade.. lol.. they look pretty darn cool all tucked in with the glass pumpkins I also collect. This was before I lived up here and have wild turkeys in my yard daily. Right now those turkeys have babies. one momma has 12! and they walk behind her peeping like crazy soooo cute!!! little like the size of baby chicks? and if she is worried? she hunkers down a bit and they all run under her and she sits. cant see a single one! so I collect.. turkey vases. have one send it my way please. I need more. My daughter wants a turkey parade too lol. she is 21 and thinks they are so cool.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 AM

oh and Jaba gave me a box of spools of thread. Tons of little ones on wooden spools. all different types. I have been using them up before I go to my big box of white and black thread on nice big spools. So much easier to use those but well.. you cant waste these right? and I am saving the spools for what ? no idea. They are in a baggie .. some were on celluloid spools some on wood and some on Styrofoam oddly enough. The wood though in a baggie.. one day someone will say give themto me! gladly!!! lol. least they are not trash .. yet.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:44 AM
Swap Hosts

Linda, you can make a nice wreath from spools!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:55 AM

Juanitabean should have her little quilt today! I hope she loves it!!!

Last edited by buslady; 05-17-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: I was confused!!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 AM

Just want to test if my avatar appears!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 AM

Finally, success. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Swap Hosts

Gaiatender, I love it!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 AM

Debbie (Mooretll) - Your little quilt is in the mail.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM

GaiTender, love your avatar! (What a fancy word!) Elisabrat, save those wooden spools. I have a doll bed made out of them--I'll see if I can post a picture--have to take one first. Bought it at a Methodist church craft sale years ago when my granddaughters were little but couldn't afford one for each of them so I kept it, haha.

ODD collections? My oddest is cobalt blue bottles. I have about 850 of them, now in boxes in the basement, some in windows over kitchen sink, in the bathroom, etc. I collected Bromo Seltzer, Vicks Salve, Evening in Paris, Noxema and Phillips Milk of Magnesia bottles for years. My DMIL lived with us and when she was done with her Phillips Milk of Magnesia, I washed out the bottle and set it in the window above my kitchen sink. Sunlight made beautiful dancing lites around my kitchen every morning. From there on it was OCD, haha. Hubby sold about 30 at our last garage sale. I don't think many of them are worth more than $6 each but you sure see them advertised for $15-20 each at flea markets, etc. My DH said I collect everything (Well, if 2 is a pair and 3 is a collection, I do have a few collections) but I told him that I do not and then I had to name something I didn't collect. I quickly told him I don't have any old army tanks in the yard! That hushed him. But out of all my stuff I do not have a glass turkey or turkey vase. I do have an old Wild Turkey bottle that has "The Spirit of 76" on the side with a flag that I picked up somewhere, lol!