Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

Blog Entries
    I can definitely quilt them. My contribution. If that will help out with the situation. I would give up my quest of UFOs to help in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    I have some quilt tops that have not been sandwiched together yet that I could part with but someone would have to get the batting and backing. Would that help in anyway???????
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    I agree - great DQ to start off the month.

Lisa - is your granddog a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?
    Yep Riley is a King Charles spoiled rotten brat Cavalier! He turns 1 Nov 17th. I have always had big outdoor dogs until this little guy came into our life, thanks to suggestions on this board! I had never heard of this breed but I sure do enjoy his company. He is my DH's bestest bud these days as they spend all day together.

Nancia, Glad to hear your back in action again with power! Growing up in FL I have always said, I'd take hurricanes over Tornadoes and earthquakes any day 'cause you've got plenty warning to get out of harm way. normally.
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    urgodschile2 Love your dq

The outpouring of support for Krystyna is awesome. When things settle down, I will drive out with donations.
    Many generous members are sending quilts and others are making blocks and helping with quilting tops.
    I will photograph everything that arrives here. Melissa, Krystyna's future daughter in law, will help with the distribution. We are getting another storm Wednesday, high winds and more rain. Services are coming back, but it is slow and uncertain.
    Thank you all for helping me breach out to Long Beach! Stay warm and dry, Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

Quilting Momma, thanks, I just sent everything off to Dotty this morning. I think that she has little elves there helping her do all of t his. This is so awesome of an idea and I hope that people can stay warm because that will be the biggest worry.

Thanks for the comments on my DQ. I had to get it done as I leave tomorrow for Australia and will be gone the rest of the month. But I will be on line to see what everyone else does.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    That DQ is great!! Can't wait to see more as the month goes on.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    My DQ was mailed today to my partner cause it's a themed DQ.

doll quilt

I think I have quilt #2 in the receiving line. I received my doll quilt today from
    NanaKathy55. It is adorable! Little Tom Turkey looks happy, probably because
    Thanksgiving is a still a few weeks away. She quilted it using lots of different
    decorative stitches and I like the fabric she used a lot.
    She also made me an angel. It is beautiful.
    Thanks Kathy, I love them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Skaduzzy - that is two lovely quilts you have recently received - oowee's for October and this one from NanaKathy55. What a lucky lady you are this month.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Lisa, I think you will find that Riley will charm everyone he meets. Cavy's are such a special breed. I know our Joey stole my heart with the first look and I still tear up at the memory of losing him several years ago.

Dotty - if there is anything specific that Krystyna or you need, please let us know.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast