Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    lynnie-- i know what i'm thankful for, but would like to know what you are happy because!
    Nancia, surprise me ! but I am thankful for good friends, good food and quilting - that is aside from my amazing family Does that help??

Your quilt is coming along nicely, just got a little more handwork to do on it, then baste and quilting. Hope to have it done this week and ready to send by week's end. I was without my good sewing machine for over 2 weeks but have it back now so it will be smoking hot all week
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Kitsykeel,,,,what a darling quilt and i love that song too.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Hoping its not oo early to ask.. any idea if there is a December swap?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    Hoping its not oo early to ask.. any idea if there is a December swap?
    Well.... since you mentioned that.... What do y'all think??? I am willing to do the hosting part and willing to swap...
    I think in the past, there has not been a Dec swap mainly because so many have a number of things going on and don't have a lot of extra time. So that being said, I have had a few ask about a Dec DQ Swap. If you want to do a December swap post it here that you want to and ALSO SEND ME A PM. I'm thinking if we do a Dec Swap, should we have a theme or just quilter's choice? Y'all speak your minds and let me know.
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Oh by the way..... Elisabrat and Crazy Quiltin Robin your NOV DQ's are in transit between here and there! That being said.... I failed to include my thankful thought for you DQ's...I am thankful for God's paintbrush and me not wrecking my truck while looking at his canvas!
    Lisa B in NC

Muv
    Quote Originally Posted by Needlegrammy View Post
    I have received a lovely DQ today from Kitsykeel.
    Kitsy was trying to think of something that says we are thankful, the song by Maurice Chevalier kept coming to her mind. Thank heavens for little girls, without them what would little boys do. Therefore the cutest little pink and blue quilt. I'm going to have to keep it away from the grandkids. Thank you sooooo much, I love it!

Attachment 377108
    Barbara and Kitsykeel, What a beautiful little quilt, the shades of pink and blue are just right!

It turns out that I have done the same theme in a different way. My lovely 9 year old friend Lily helped with the quilt. She was here last Thursday morning with her mum and brothers and sisters. Lily's job was to choose the colours for the quilt. I had two piles of fat quarters on the table ready for her and told her how many I wanted her to pick out from each pile. Once she had done that I asked her decide the order to arrange them in, and she even did a bit of the sewing! That's all I can tell you for now because I don't want to spoil Handi's surprise, but I can't tell you how pleased I am with the result. Lily has a fantastic eye for colour, there's nothing little girly about it.

Then in the afternoon we went out to a charity dress making session. You can see pictures here www.sewscrumptious.blogspot.co.uk and you will all wish you had been there. It was the most exciting day you could imagine.

I would love to do a Dec. swap with a Christmas/Winter theme (like Halloween, you would state in your sign-up PM if you want a Christmas or Winter theme if for some reason you don't do Christmas or just perfer a Winter one). So I am allll for a Dec. Swap with a theme to choose from

Will send you a PM QuiltingKrazy...

Blog Entries
    Im In for Dec. I'm up for anything not Picky!!!!
    You know if your a quilter when you cleanup your sewing room and your family thinks your moving out!! Author U/K Sue

Blog Entries
    I'm in for Dec. got it ready it christmas.

Blog Entries
    OK IT'S OFFICIAL! There WILL BE a December DQ Swap! I'll get the sign up sheet posted in the next day or two.
    No pressure to feel like you have to sign up for the December swap. I know many are really busy with all sorts of things happening with family,work and church. And then there are those like me who lead a really boring life and have plenty of time on their hands. Not sure on theme yet, still thinking.
    Lisa B in NC

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast