Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? >

Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 AM

Awesome Needlegrammy.
Elisabrat.....only time will tell. I will probably not be able to say away. LOL.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:16 PM

nancia, your DQ is going in the mail today, so hopefully it won't get delayed in the Christmas mail rush. I have so much fun making it and I think all quilters , as well as you, will relate to just 'What I am Thankful For' !

Love your DQ needlegrammy, what a cute turkey

urgodschild2, I caved in and signed up for December LOL have even got a few blocks of my DQ done already. Why did I ever think I could stay away. So come on nancia, less napping, more sewing
Old 11-25-2012, 01:28 PM

Quiltermomof3, I finished your DQ today and will mail it on my way to work tomorrow. Since it is so late into November, I put a xmas panel on the back to make it reversible. I hope you like it.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Swap Hosts

Hello to all you wonderful, loving quilty friends! I've missed you all so much. Before I write a single sentence more, I need to tell you how much the support and generosity of so many of you has touched me. I have never experienced such an outpouring of love and kindness like it. You are all angels. As you no doubt have heard, our home is almost completely destroyed and almost everything in it is full of sewage and mold. The good news is that we have an apartment that is dog friendly. My son Blaze is staying at Melissa's parents' home and I miss him terribly. It is also so hard to be here alone during the day. My husband, Rod, has been working a lot of overtime in Long Beach and we have only one car. There is plenty to fill my days, unfortunately. Mostly with being on hold for an hour or two with adjusters who never call you back - or waiting for internet service, electric, etc. We finally got a bed but other than that we have a couple of office chairs and a cardboard box. Our computers were damaged so I am learning how to use a new one that has the very confusing Windows 8. Without it I will not be able to pull together the pieces of my business and hopefully the insurance company will pay for it eventually as it is now on a credit card . Dealing with insurance companies, adjusters and FEMA is a full time job and one that often drives me to the edge of sanity. I was in such a state one day that I called my doctor. His home and his office are gone and so are all of my medical records. Happily I found a new one up the street from our apartment and let me tell you, Xanax helps me get through the days that I need to go back to the house. One day I had to meet the FEMA inspector there and told my husband that I would be fine until he got off work. I figured I'd pack up some of the salvageable things. I got a box and put three bottles of spice in it and then just started wandering around looking at the devastation and feeling like I was going to lose my mind. I had to leave and ended up in the street wandering past 15-20 foot high piles of the debris that was once people's lives as I tried to get to my husband's work place a few blocks away. I won't bore you with all the details, but what happened to my community -- and neighboring communities -- is mind boggling. My husband and I were Red Cross Disaster Action Team members and went to Louisiana a long time ago, but it was nothing like this. Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say thank you. We are on a very long road to recovery and I guess it will be at least a year before things are "normal" again -- so in the meanwhile we are living the "new normal". Individual thank you notes are on the way and there are so many of them to write. To say thank you just doesn't say enough. You were truly life savers.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:36 PM

Krystyna,
I can only offer prayers to help you get through all of this as I can't imagine the devestation and loss you must feel on a daily basis. please know that all of us here on the QB think about you daily. thank you for taking the time to drop in and let us know how your doing. please drop by anytime you can as this board may help take your mind in a lighter direction. i'm trying to hold down the swap for you until you decide you want to take it back over. i don't mind as it is the least i can do for you!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM

Krystyna, no words to express the feelings that are going through your hearts right now and there is not a thing I can say that will make it better. for this I am so sorry. So much pain. There is hope, and with hope there is everything. I know it takes all you have and ten times more to dig deep each and every day for that word.. hope. Its there. Be patient. And take the time to breathe. Thats all just breathe. These too shall pass.

That doll quilt Needle grammy is MINE.. how to get the new owner to you know.. not need it. Its gorgeous! you hit a home run with that one!

Nancia, I was going to say take a good nap then whip up those stockings! I made two the other day. Trouble was I made them too small so they are cat stockings lol and I am making two more larger ones for the cats parents . Lessons learned: go bigger than you think you can always stitch down but cant cut larger.

And last here are the pictures of my beautiful DQ from quiltingkrazy. She made me this lovely quilt with falling leaves piled onto of each other I love it and currently its hanging in front of my sideboard (I tucked it into the top drawer to hang it!) and then it moves to the dq hall of fame. The back I took a photo but now am thinking not to post it as it has the makers first and last name and many here do not care to share that with the outside world. So I will leave that to her if she wants but THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love it. oh oh I also finished quilting my dq will bind it tomorrow and Dec is ready to go UNLESS you want ornaments on your tree...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]378585[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nov-dq-swap.jpg  
Old 11-26-2012, 01:38 AM

very pretty.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 AM

Urgodschild2 I wanted to post a a picture of the quilt I mailed you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]378611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails swap-011.jpg  
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 AM

Wanda, I love your DQ. simple and elegant.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Krystyna, so pleased to hear you are safe and well but your long journey back to 'normal life' is only just beginning. But you know when the road gets tough, just call in to QB and I am sure there are many of your friends just waiting to cheer you up.

Mother Nature sure gets upset sometimes but we have to show her that even though she knocks us down, we can get right back up and won't be beaten, however hard to recover it may be.