Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies! I received the most adorable little quilt yesterday from Just a Quilter. I sure hope she took a photo since my cameras gave out after photographing every teeny bit of 25 years of collecting. I love it and just want to say thank you. We are plugging away. The walls and floors and ceiling have been torn out of the house and I now have a lovely decoration in my front yard - a bathtub and toilet! There are lots of cracks in the joists and mounds of sand and fish and other dead stuff down there. Frankly it is scary to look at. Tomorrow I am meeting an architect and an engineer and we'll figure out where to go from here. My little apartment is full of garbage bags of what little we could save and I have a new plan for my life: If I don't love it, out it goes! I miss you all and miss the simple pleasures of quilting more than I can say. Will check in as I am able. Love and Hugs to all.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful to hear from you Krystyna!!! Keep plugging along, we miss you and can't wait for your return.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Great to hear from you Krystyna.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Krystyna, It's so nice to hear from you!!! Hey maybe you can put some flowers in the bathtub and toilet!!!! LOL
    Hugs , Hugs, Hugs
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

K so good to hear from you.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    i'm so glad you are all right, krystyna! we will be so happy to have you back! you made a wonderful choice of quiltingkrazy to administer for you/us. she has done beautifully! now, get a sewing machine--i have an extra if you want, and some fabric, and soothe your soul with quilting!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    The postie always looks upset when he delivers my packages now and I don't open them up there and then so he can see what I get 'this month' - he knows there is a little quilt inside. Maybe one day I will show him one I have already received so he knows what he is delivering safely to me.
    Maybe you should create a little mini quilt for the postie! i bet that would brighten his/her day!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Aw Krystyna, I am so glad you haven't lost your sense of humor. I am sending out good thoughts into the universe for you and your family. I am so sorry for all you lost. But, I am more glad that you and your family and pets made it out safely. And that all will continue to move forward. You are missed here on the QB.

And, I have to second the thought, Lisa, QuiltingKrazy is doing a wonderful job taking care of all of us. So thank you goes out to both of you.
    10-2-12, the lucky day I became a granny!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Maybe you should create a little mini quilt for the postie! i bet that would brighten his/her day!
    Good thought, it is usually the same guy who delivers and I know he delivers fabric all the time to the LQS - could make him something for his delivery van.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

HobbyKat1955, Good to hear you are back home and things are hopefully getting back to somewhat "normal." Hope you had a good Thanksgiving too!

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 ... LastLast