Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM

Thank you,
I am hooked on crazy quilts, i love to embellish and when it's a theme it's so much more fun. My son wanted this one.
Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
wanda lou~LOVE the Halloween crazy quilt!!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 PM

These sneak peaks are great! But I don't know what your talking about Dragonfly whats BRIGHT!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:45 PM

finally made it to the post office today. I had a DQ from hobbykat1955. It is really great. I thought my husband's doctor was going to take it with her. She has 4 sons and wanted it for them. Told her "It's mine --all mine" (evil laugh included.
Kathy--Thank you so much.
It is reversible so she sent the label pinned to the front. Also sent small wooden clothes pins to hang it with.
She will post picture as I can't get this camera to work for sharing pictures. I have her DQ ready to put the back together the front is finished.
I really love my quilt.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:31 PM

Buslady what class are you taking?
I absolutely love the pac man ghost lol your right it does look a bit that way and is so cute.
the orange quilt is bright and would be a great wow factor on the wall wouldnt it? KRYSTYNA your such a brat for teasing us with a peak
same as the great cats on the pumpkin quilt piece that was shown..

this is a super fun month. I think everyone is putting in extra effort this month. i want them all.. now can i have the trio of tree quilt or maybe just the birds in the nest one or maybe the orange one too.. oh yeah I got my gorgeous every color in the crayon box with KITTIEs on it quilt that i am Not sharing laid it on the couch back for one minute while I hung a hanger for it and turn around.. my orange kitty is laying on it like.. hey thanks! he was not too willing to gift it back either. Now I need a quilt of the month for kitties so the leave mine alone.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:23 AM

onalee so glad you liked the witch. saw her in a magazine and just had to do it. it was really fun. can't wait to see mine.
susan
Old 10-11-2012, 05:42 AM

Been working on Susan's little quilt every night this week. (next month I need to do something a little less involved), that is a hint, I guess! LOL I am having a ball with this one. I have done several techniques throughout, so deffinately didn't get bored!! DH thought it was too dark. Hope Sue doesn't agree with him!!
Elisabrat, it is what I call "traditional" quilting. All done with templates, not rotary cutters and no chain sewing. And LOTS of set in seams!! Actually, in 2 blocks, I have not done a single straight seam! Each month she gives us the pattern for a block and we bring the finished block back the next month to get a new one. No sewing at the class, just discussion and she shows us stuff. The first class was the best cause she showed us how to make our templates, how to cut them and how to sew them. Very interesting, though I don't think I will be making very many quilts using this method!!
All the quilts are just gorgeous so far. I usually have several pages to read, and my memory is REALLY bad, so rather than make a mistake, I don't usually comment on each individual quilt (can't remember by the time I get to the end).
I do, however, remember the bright orange, Krystyna, and that one has GOT to be mine!! Oh, that's right, this is not the secret pal swap, I know who my partner is, dah!!!! And a good partner she is!!!! Just dawned on me. I think I read somewhere back there that Krystyna was going to be my partner, but something changed! She should send me one, too!! Can you do 2? LOL LOL Lots of DQ's this month and I wouldn't mind having any one (or all) of them hangint on the wall where I could see them!! Back to work.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Swap Hosts

Next month, Onalee. I'm reserving you in advance!!! Although I have to say I love partnering with new members, too. (I don't know if THEY love it so much, but that's another story!)
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Love all the sneek peaks.and some really nice dq's coming in.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Swap Hosts

I'm already working on my November quilt!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Oh, my, so the pressure is on. Actually, since I will have my sister here for a week, I had debated on joining next month. But I'm too afraid I'd miss something. LOL So, I am thinking on my DQ for next month and thought I might get it started early. Of course, I've heard that before. Did we choose a theme for next month? I've either forgotten or missed it if we did.