Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for October 2012 Halloween or Sender's Choice Doll Quilt Swap

dq

I got the nicest quilt from oowee today. It's perfect for the season, pumpkins, leaves, great fall colors and quilted really, really nice. She also enclosed recipe cards and a piece of shelf liner to put under my ruler when cutting. I never thought of it and can't wait to try it. She also wrote me a sweet note. Thanks, Sherri, I love the quilt and it was worth waiting for!

I am trying to upload a picture but am having a problem, so I will try again in a little while.
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

dq

Here is the quilt I got from oowee.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Skaduzzy,Oowee I love your little treasure. I get such great ideas from all you talented ladies. I love how the maple leaf is pieced. And your border fabric is an awesome compliment to your little quilt. Beautiful!!!
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Nana Val asked me to post a photo of the DQ I gave her and to let you know she absolutely loves it. Makes me happy. Attachment 370983

OMG this is just amazing, I love the owl in the middle, and the pumpkins, plus the cute spider and it's web is just sooooo cute together!!!
    But I do have a quick question, does anyone know if there is a website that I can get an embroidery piece done? I am trying to find one that will make an Eagle and a Owl embroidered together in a nice way. I have been trying to find one but I have not be successful at it at all. Any info I would appreciate it. Thank you and have a wonderful week!!!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `·.¸.·´
    ¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸ ❤ Christina M. Canfield-Russell
    "Live Alltag, als ob es Ihr letzter wäre!"
    "Live every day as if it were your last!"
    Yes I have hot pink hair, yes I listen to heavy metal music, and YES i'm a quilter!!

Blog Entries
    Robert here on the board does custom embroidery work. His work is beautiful. He seems very experienced. Adapts patterns. http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...ll-u24255.html If you want to see examples of his work he has an album on his profile page. He also has quite a few examples of his beautiful embroidery work on the Monthly Bee Block swap. MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II Good luck on your quest.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Junior Member Happy Cat Quilter's Avatar
    I got my little quilt from Handi today. it is beautiful. Will try to get a pic of it posted. I haven't heard if she got the one I sent.
    Linda

Finally home in NY and got power last night after 9 days. We were worry with the 6 inches of snow that hit that they would go out again but we lucked out. Can't complain because I had other options and we were able to leave and go somewhere else, there are so many others that don't have that option...Picked up mail and had two wonderful Halloween DQ's from my swap partners Sewbeadit and Aunt Janey....
    One with Casper on one side and Pumpkins on other with Pumpkin label and socks from Aunt Janey
    Log cabin spider wed border and two FQ's from Sewbeadit
    Thank you ladies they are both great and love the extra's
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Lucky you Hobbykat!!!! Two adorable halloween quilts!!!
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Blog Entries
    oowee, Love your pumpkins and maple leaf quilt. Nicework!!!
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Here's the quilt I sent to Krystyna in October 2012.

Name:  100_3301.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  1.27 MB
    Name:  100_3302.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.41 MB
    Name:  100_3304.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.31 MB

Keychain had been added to the package, but fell out during shipping.
    Name:  100_3310.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  1.73 MB

I also sent some lighthouse fabric, but forgot to take pics beforehand.
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 LastLast