Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Old 09-16-2011, 11:18 AM

WOOHOO! Can't wait to get the new stamps. :thumbup:
Old 09-16-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
WOOHOO! Can't wait to get the new stamps. :thumbup:
WooHoo!

This is a lot of fun....the anticipation and the swapping!
8-)
Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM

No mail today, but the swapping will begin on Monday!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:34 PM

did anyone hear when the "neutrals" swap was going to start? Also, are we sending singles or did they decide to do doubles on the neutrals?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I can't wait to get my stamps back! This was my first 1.5" swap and I have so many ideas for a new quilt. I'll still need to participate in many more of these swaps though to get enough squares. :)
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
did anyone hear when the "neutrals" swap was going to start? Also, are we sending singles or did they decide to do doubles on the neutrals?
I haven't heard anymore about the neutral swap. Mariposa just started a block swap that ends in Nov. Maybe she's waiting for that one to end. Can't imagine hosting more than one swap at a time.

Come to think of it, I'd better start looking for neutrals.

Stamps from this swap 'should be' in your pretty little hands by this weekend, except for Canada which will take a bit longer.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 AM

Kelly,
I was talking to another quilter at my local quilt shop and she suggested rather than waiting until I get all 10,000 squares and sat to sew them at one time, I design my pattern and start to sew it in sections. She said it would make working with all the little pieces easier since the pile would actually diminish as I sewed each swap group and I would see my project in different stages of completion.
I figured if I get 500 squares for each swap or 1000 if I sent 2 sets that would give me 20 rows of 25 squares per set or each section would measure 20" X 25". If we do the neutral swap I think I will use them to do the "sashing" between the "blocks" from each swap. Now to draw out the plan and see if it will work! Back to the drawing board.
Anyone else have a plan that is willing to share their idea on what to do with these little lovelies?

I am really thinking that sounds like a great idea since I wanted to do this in a "scrappy look" anyway.
Originally Posted by NCquilter
Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I can't wait to get my stamps back! This was my first 1.5" swap and I have so many ideas for a new quilt. I'll still need to participate in many more of these swaps though to get enough squares. :)
Old 09-18-2011, 08:59 AM

Pattis47 and any others interested: I've been collecting these little squares for several swaps and had been doing so before then. I've been using them as "leaders and enders" and then sewing the two-patches into four-patches and finishing them off into 64-patch blocks. I now have 40 eigth-inch blocks, not quite enough for a quilt but getting there. But, I also still have (it seems like) tons of four-patch blocks still to be sewn together. I've been working on these for months, in between other projects, so it's slow going. Here's a couple of pictures of the blocks. (I'm a bit of a control freak, so not totally random! :D )

Reds
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258676[/ATTACH]

Blues
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258677[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258623.jpe   attachment-258624.jpe  
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
...I design my pattern and start to sew it in sections. If we do the neutral swap I think I will use them to do the "sashing" between the "blocks" from each swap. Now to draw out the plan and see if it will work! Back to the drawing board.
Anyone else have a plan that is willing to share their idea on what to do with these little lovelies?

patti i had already come to the conclusion to start sewing on my squares now. i was looking through my fabs and found a charm pack of neutrals.. who knew plus i ordered a moda charm of vanilla colored neutrals. the squares i had received so far had few of neutrals in them.

with 10,000 squares, were you planning on no repeats? i wonder what your "planned" scrappy ps quilt will look like. never thought of using neutrals for sashing. i have plenty of white muslin to do sashing with.

i was also settling my mind that i could have repeats. my quilt, my rules. i will be ordering some hawaiian prints from ebay for my quilt also. maybe i will have some to trade in the next swap. also with the side swaps, i ending up trading with 14 people, some of whom never participate in the stamp swaps so that has given me some different fabs.

as soon as i finish sorting stamp squares, i will work my psq into my regular routine. i have so many other family/friends quilts to complete first. so will sew squares in between probably as leaders/enders or upon taking breaks.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 AM

really nice colorful blocks evie. so your psq will be "color blocked"?. were your planning on having one color themed block per row and possibly have the color-blocks in a bargello fashion? were you planning a sashing between blocks? just curious.

Originally Posted by Evie
Pattis47 and any others interested: I've been collecting these little squares for several swaps and had been doing so before then. I've been using them as "leaders and enders" and then sewing the two-patches into four-patches and finishing them off into 64-patch blocks. I now have 40 eigth-inch blocks, not quite enough for a quilt but getting there. But, I also still have (it seems like) tons of four-patch blocks still to be sewn together. I've been working on these for months, in between other projects, so it's slow going. Here's a couple of pictures of the blocks. (I'm a bit of a control freak, so not totally random! :D )