Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012 >

Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012

Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012

Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 PM

Honchey, try a mailing label, you might want to add your board name too... although I usually have to add mine because I forget!

I use the ones that might not be good enough to use on the envelope because they did not print real exact! AND... if you plan on doing more, I cut my scraps into sq's as I go along and put them into baggies as soon as I am done cutting them, with a slip of paper and how many are in the baggie, makes it a lot easier and one step ahead of the next Swap.

Marybeth
Old 09-12-2012, 04:59 AM

Honchey - I, too found the counting to be a challenge when I did my first swap. I now try to include a couple extra, so if my counting is off or if there are 2 stuck together, I can still feel confident that my fellow swappers are getting at least 50. For me that ends up beein faster and easier than trying to count multiple times and getting frustrated with the interruptions (kids, husband, dogs...)
Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
My Goodness!! why didn't someone warn me about all the counting!! everytime I counted I came up with a different number...I must have counted 30 little mounds 3 different times...next the little bags...I forgot to put my name beside the user name so I had to take each piece of paper out then back in again after I added my name... Anyone have a good, easy system of doing this for future swaps? ...Yes, I will be doing it again I will get better at doing it..
These little bundles will be in the mail tomorrow...All I can say now is...Whoopie!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 AM

Thanks for all the tips....I've started to organize my fabric on foam boards and have started to cut off pieces to use for stamps and charms...Now I'm thinking...I should cut 13 "" so I could get a 2.5 strip, layer cakes, charms & ps...another project in the thinking!!! I better stop thinking ahead..H.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 AM

What I do for my labels is type them up with my name 'nelco' last name just like a sticky address label and print them on plane paper and cut them as I need them. I get 30 on a sheet of paper.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
My Goodness!! why didn't someone warn me about all the counting!! everytime I counted I came up with a different number...I must have counted 30 little mounds 3 different times...next the little bags...I forgot to put my name beside the user name so I had to take each piece of paper out then back in again after I added my name... Anyone have a good, easy system of doing this for future swaps? ...Yes, I will be doing it again I will get better at doing it..
These little bundles will be in the mail tomorrow...All I can say now is...Whoopie!!!!
I have a major idea for you.
SLOW DOWN......
Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 AM

My stamps are in the mail Hope they do not take to long to get to you

It is a lovely fall day here so think I will work outside and play with the horses. It will not be to long and old man winter will be here.
Hope you are all having a great day.
Kendra
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Kendra- I will let you know when your squares arrive. Have fun with the horses!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

islandwiz1-- your squares arrived today!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:12 PM

I have never used squares this small. I saw this swap and the Candy 2.5" squares. Ok ladies. Here is a dumb question. What patterns are best for these tiny squares? Someone said they were not hard to sew. I am not sure.
And I have to mail all the squares in baggie w/ my name and postage for return? What is the fastest way to cut 1.5"
squares?? Deadline to sign up is tomorrow and I am on vacation until tomorrow. So I have to do alot of cutting when I get home.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

hensandhollyhocks- your package arrived last night!