Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 33 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012

Red face Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012

This swap is for 1.5" squares (postage stamps) in sets of 50 different 100% cotton fabrics. Please send what you would like to receive. Limit is 30 sets per swapper.

*Please send me a PM to sign up, and let me know how many sets you'd like to swap.

*Please use quality 100% cottons only! NO flannels. If in doubt of fiber content, please leave it out!

*All sets do not need to be identical. You can use what is in your stash!

*Please MAKE SURE to trim off selvages before cutting your squares. Also try to be accurate in your cutting of the squares, so they DO measure 1.5".

*Please double check that your sets have 50 (or more) squares in them! We don't want to short change anyone.

*It seems to work best to put the squares into small, snack size baggies. Be sure to label each baggie with your name, board name, etc.

Sign-ups close Sept. 15, 2012. Sets are due to me by Sept. 25th. I will swap them out, and get them in the mail no later than Oct. 10th.
    ** International folks, please mail 10 days earlier! To make sure I get them in time.**

Please include a SASE with adequate postage on it for me to send your return sets. An extra stamp or two wouldn't hurt. Our packages are "bulky" and get considered a "parcel"-per my Post Office. They charge more for that.
    NO pre-paid printed labels!
    Most folks have been sending in stamps or cash for a PADDED flat rate envelope ($5.30). It does make things a lot easier, and no worries about bulky packages.
    If your sets cost more than what you sent in, I have no choice to hold them until I get the difference. In the last swap, I had several that were "over". It all adds up. Thanks for your understanding.

Please feel free to mail your sets early, if you wish.

General rules for swaps: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a PM
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    i am in for 30. i have been cutting for all of my side swaps and an online ps exchange swap so i will keep a cutting. i have so many other fabrics that are just waiting for me to snip a strip from them. thanks mariposa.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

You ladies are just too funny! I'm in for 20 sets, AGAIN!

PM sent.
    Last edited by Twisted Quilter; 07-15-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

I am sooooo excited.. I didn't have a clue when I started thinking about making a postage stamp quilt how easy it would be.. Then came the SWAPS.. Whoa!!!!

I think I can handle making 30 sets.. buy Sept...Went to a garage sale yesterday, and ended up with 220 different pieces of fabric.. It's funny but I was trying to figure out what to do with them..

Thanks you people for enabling me..

Barri

I'm in for 30!!!!! I've been cutting for a week now lol. I think I'm becoming addicted.

One question.... Summer swap... Do you want summerish fabric or anything?
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    I am sooooo excited.. I didn't have a clue when I started thinking about making a postage stamp quilt how easy it would be.. Then came the SWAPS.. Whoa!!!!

I think I can handle making 30 sets.. buy Sept...Went to a garage sale yesterday, and ended up with 220 different pieces of fabric.. It's funny but I was trying to figure out what to do with them..

Thanks you people for enabling me..

Barri
    220 new fabrics????? where did you go shopping? i would have loved being there.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Sheri- you can send in squares of any 100% cottons, as per first post. Does not have to be summer-y. I just put summer in, since it is summer right now! Happy cutting!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    220 new fabrics????? where did you go shopping? i would have loved being there.
    It's amazing.. I saw an ad on CL.. and it mentioned FABRIC FABRIC FABRIC.. I took the chance, and went across the island.. We very rarely get sales of fabric.. I can imagine that there are more quilters in MO... If you were really looking for yardage at this sale, it was lacking.. They had a huge bag of scraps.. It was $3 to fill up supermarket bags.. I filled two.. I had to cut around a bunch of fussy cuts, and clean up the mess..
    I can't wait to share my fortune..
    Barri

put me in for 20...need something new to do
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    .... They had a huge bag of scraps.. It was $3 to fill up supermarket bags.. I filled two.. I had to cut around a bunch of fussy cuts, and clean up the mess..
    I can't wait to share my fortune..
    Barri
    oooohhh scraps!!!!! yay!!!! i woulda love to have them. i have been staying away from cl & yard fabric sales here. i have run outta room to store fabric so i making use of what i have. well at least i am trying to. ...not buy that is.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Page 1 of 33 1 2 11 ... LastLast