Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Summertime Block Swap/ Signups open until March 30th

Looks interesting and fun! Will have to see what I can come up with and think about this one.

Blog Entries
    Here's a little eye candy to start us off. My first set is all made. I made a "Snail's Trail" Block. I used a purple and a pretty art deco shell fabric. I am very lucky to have gotten 4 out of this fabric. (I made several miscuts.) I will have to be more careful. Hope you like.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Looks really nice, Judith! I have so many ideas, but my machine is in for a service, so I have to be patient before I start.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

Blog Entries
    No problem NZquilter. There is lots of time to make blocks and join in. I normally do lots of applique blocks. But, this time, I am trying to challenge myself to make pieced blocks. They are lots of fun to mix in with the applique and embroidery blocks. I love paper piece blocks also. But, I detest making them. I find I waste too much fabric. But, they also look great added in.

Blog Entries
    I cut 3 more sets of blocks today. And have started piecing them together. One of those colors not looking very summery???? Just wait until you see the POP of color I am going to give them. (Which is curiously missing from the sewing table right now.) lol

I have that same glitter-star fabric

Looks like those fabrics will make for a fun block.
    If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough!

Hey, that is a cool block judith! I bet the new colors will be fun to work on.

I have finished the decorating for christmas and now I can get moving on sewing a little between shopping, cooking and cleaning.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Hi Judith, I'm mulling this over - I need practice! - to restate, I understand I could send 1 set of 4 quilt blocks. or 2 sets (8 blocks) --- all the way up to 5 sets of 4 blocks (20?)
    I might join in - I took a paper piecing class recently and my 3 blocks came out wonderfully. My favorite one was a square in a square using 2 fabrics of which I wasn't particularly fond!
    My youngest daughter saw one of the blocks and said 'Please frame that for me?' (she's getting it framed for Xmas I am sure she's forgotten it...)
    I have a paper-piecing block book on order. Also, summertime IS the very best season of the year in my book.

Suggestion for border on those wonderful summer blocks of yours : yellow inside border, then darker gold outside? Or yellow/gold/yellow/gold/yellow gold etc in piano key style mimicking rays? Or maybe blue to settle it all down, like the blue behind Mr. Sun up top? You will get it sorted beautifully, I know.
    "The only war that matters is the war against the imagination." - D. DiPrima

I'm planning to do some paper piecing too I love Margaret Rolfe's "Go Wild with Quilts" and I'm thinking of making a few blocks from there. After the holidays I'll certainly get started, if not before!
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

Blog Entries
    Sounds good ladies. I'm not starting my Thanksgiving cooking till this weekend. My husband and DS are out of town till then. But, I have all my goodies bought and stowed away for the weekend.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast