Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Summertime Block Swap/ Signups open until March 30th

Love my 2.5" square, great for fussy cuts!
    So glad you are on the mend, Irene!
    Time is close to mail to our host, so excited to be in this swap, so many great blocks!
    hugs,
    dj
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    Leonardo da Vinci

I posted my blocks on Monday so fingers crossed they fly safely across the waves to Judith.

My sewing machine has headed for the repair shop for a bit of attention but at least she behaved herself until I had finished the blocks.

I will be interested to see how many are in this swap once we get to the sign-up deadline.

Blog Entries
    Hi ladies, here's the beautiful blocks that ljdugas sent in. Linda, they really came out beautiful.

My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    I have received blocks from 5 ladies so far. With more on the way. It looks like a lot of people are joining in the fun.

I want to let you know, I am receiving a lot of 6 1/2" blocks. This is fine and well within the rules. But, it takes 4, 6 1/2" blocks to make a 12 1/2" block. So, what you receive will not make into a very big quilt. Just a FYI. So, you may want to make a few special ones for yourselves. I also would suggest that everyone (from here on out) if possible send at least 1 set of 12 1/2" blocks. This is just a suggestion, not a demand.

Thank you. This is a great swap!!!

Blog Entries
    Seven more days until the sign ups close. And then you just have one more month to wrap up your blocks and get them to me by the deadline. I can't wait to see your blocks flying to me. I've already received some great summery blocks. Hope yall are having as much fun as I did making my blocks.

Wouldn't you know it. I ran across some really cool summertime blocks today in my patterns. Where were they when I was wanting some inspiration? Eek ... I can't believe it.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

RedGarnet222, isn't that how it always is, you need inspiration and can't find it easily and then just when you don't expect it, it comes right at you. lol.

Yes, I have already sent off my blocks. What a disappointment. Oh well, maybe I will use a couple for fill in when I go to set the top together. Now just to make sure I don't hide it from myself between now and then. LOL!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Oh that pesky Block fairy. LOL!

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast