Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge

What a coincidence! The fabric I ALMOST chose was nearly identical to the rust one! I sent something else since I didn't have quite enough of it, but it's funny how they almost match!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here.

Moonrise, maybe I should send that piece to you so you have two that go together, LOL! Actually, the mustard and rust go together quite well, but with nothing else...I tried it to see if I could maybe make a nice fall walling hanging or something. I don't like those colors, so that's probably why they don't go with anything else in my stash but each other! So, two votes for the rust. Actually, I think it would make a nice barn (suggestion for anybody who might get it if I send it) I originally had over 2 yards of the mustard and have managed to give way most of it to gals who like mustard color fabric. I've also used it to make rice bags and then covered it with pretty fabric. Why waste nice plain muslin when I could use that up! No other pictures folks?
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    I would like to join, I have some really ugly fabric, my sister goes to yard sales and sends me fabric when ever she sees it! Most of the time it is pretty nice, but sometimes I have to wonder "what was she thinking?"

Now if someone had a swap for ugly polyester!!! LOL, why do I keep it? My husband can't use it for rags and even the cats won't sleep on it!

~
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Marybeth, you definitely need to through the polyester away....or donate it to someone else. It's taking up space that could be occupied by cotton and wool! Just think of it as fat and yourself as the cosmetic surgeon.....liposuction here we come......vroooooommmmmm.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    LOL, I think you have a good point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Marybeth, you definitely need to through the polyester away....or donate it to someone else. It's taking up space that could be occupied by cotton and wool! Just think of it as fat and yourself as the cosmetic surgeon.....liposuction here we come......vroooooommmmmm.

Here's my ugly fabric. this is only a peek. The ugliest portion isn't even visible in this photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Weathervanes! I think that's kinda cool. One woman's ugly is another woman's cool!

It contains an ox weathervane too!
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Blog Entries
    My Ugly fabric, going in the mail in the morning
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the weathervanes, at least the part we can see! Marybeth, those trees are actually ugly!! Good choice, now I'm going to go see if I have an ugly enough piece and I'll join with you all!
    jillnjo

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast