Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter 2012 Postage Stamp (1.5") Squares Swap-Sign up closes 1/15/13

sew4nin- I'll be watching for your package!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Mine should be in the mail tomorrow....I'm such a bad example...
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Sheri-- we still love ya!

Blog Entries
    My squares are in the mail!!!! Wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish this swap. Two weeks ago tomorrow I was washing dishing, in a hurry of course, and shoved my hand into a glass and it broke, making a nice slice across the top of my knuckle . Trip to the ER and 5 stitches later I wasn't able to use my rotary cutter until Thursday. Haven't done dishes for almost two weeks. I think my husband is liking the idea of a dish washer. Any way, my finger is still sore and somewhat stiff and I can only stand to use the rotary cutter for short periods of time. But it will get better.

*dottie, I'm glad you have healed up, and your squares are on their way!

I'm so glad you sent your squares out.. I so look forward to all the squares from friends.. and you guys need to get yelled at long distance.. PROCRASTINATION will be tolerated with good excuses!!!!
    As for your finger Dottie.. Ouch.. I've seen tons of sutured fingers, and 85% of the time, the laceration is from a glass in the sink.. I haven't done it yet, but will let you join the club!!! Feel better..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    I'm so glad you sent your squares out.. I so look forward to all the squares from friends.. and you guys need to get yelled at long distance.. PROCRASTINATION will be tolerated with good excuses!!!!
    As for your finger Dottie.. Ouch.. I've seen tons of sutured fingers, and 85% of the time, the laceration is from a glass in the sink.. I haven't done it yet, but will let you join the club!!! Feel better..
    Thanks Barri! I have plastic glasses on my list of things I need. I couldn't believe I had cut myself like that and was thankful to find out that I didn't catch any tendons. Until you don't have full use of your pointer finger you have no idea how much you use it and when it is sore how many times you hit it! Even had to switch my mouse to my left hand. But I did sew a bunch of squares together so all was not lost! Ha Ha And I did not have to wash dishes! LOL

Blog Entries
    It seems so long ago when we signed up! Waiting patiently . . . . Mariposa, if we don't have enough swappers I don't mind duplicates, so if needed you can double up on what you send me. I am determined to put these little charmers into an actual quilt this year.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Evie,
    I have that in mind, too.. It scares me to think of all the squares I have. I wonder how many quilts I can make. I still have to finish a project with four of the same quilts involved. It's a QAYG, and I still have to put them all together.. I also have a play mat that has to be finished before the baby gets too old for it.. Ughhh

Thanks for confirming what I have known all along - washing dishes is bad for you
    Quote Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
    My squares are in the mail!!!! Wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish this swap. Two weeks ago tomorrow I was washing dishing, in a hurry of course, and shoved my hand into a glass and it broke, making a nice slice across the top of my knuckle . Trip to the ER and 5 stitches later I wasn't able to use my rotary cutter until Thursday. Haven't done dishes for almost two weeks. I think my husband is liking the idea of a dish washer. Any way, my finger is still sore and somewhat stiff and I can only stand to use the rotary cutter for short periods of time. But it will get better.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast