Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Winter/Holidays Block Swap >

Winter/Holidays Block Swap

Old 06-27-2011, 03:35 PM

12 1/2 inch UNFINISHED Winter/Holidays sampler blocks.

Sign-up will close on November 1, 2011. PM me if you wish to join.
Sign-ups are accepted by pm only.
Please let me know which block you will be making so we avoid having duplicate blocks.

Please do not sign up until you have your block sets finished and ready to mail.

Please use 100% pre-washed cotton (required) and make sure your blocks measure 12 ½".

You make 12 blocks all alike. You will receive one of yours back and 11 different blocks.

If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure each set consists of 12 blocks all the same. The limit is 2 sets per swapper.

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to each block, or a sticky label can be used. Please put the label on the back as sometimes some of the 'sticky' adheres to the block itself. Please include your real name (optional), Board name, and the block name.

Please put your blocks into the mail no later than November 10, 2011. Please pm me for my address. If there is going to be a problem with having them here by the deadline, please pm me. You also have the option of dropping out of the swap.

I will mail them back out by December 1, 2011 or as close to that as possible.

Send them to me along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for return postage... whatever it cost to send it to me, it will cost to return your blocks to you...so be sure to put enough postage on your envelope.

The flat rate envelope will hold two sets. Any more than that, you will need another flat rate return addressed stamped envelope.

Please review the rules that apply to all swaps. They apply to this swap, too. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

The activity page can be found here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=177
Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 PM

Man Carsey, Your going to have me so busy! lol Will let u know when I can "officially" sign up :) Hmmm. now which x-mas fabric to use.....
Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 PM

I'm with you!!! I can't wait to start looking through the fabrics!!!!

Blessings!!

Carole
Old 06-27-2011, 05:05 PM

I plan on doing 2 sets. I'll sign up when I get them finished. I'm really looking forward to this one!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady
I plan on doing 2 sets. I'll sign up when I get them finished. I'm really looking forward to this one!
YEA!!! Me too!!

Blessings!!

Carole
Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 PM

I will do 2 sets. I will do Farmers' Daughter from Quilt in a day, Quilters almanac block party 3 and a pine tree block. Thanks, Vinae
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
Man Carsey, Your going to have me so busy! lol Will let u know when I can "officially" sign up :) Hmmm. now which x-mas fabric to use.....
I am glad you are joining us......so get ready for....... I also will be hosting an International Winter/Holiday Row Robin starting in December. I would love to have you join me!! (And anyone else out there, too!!)

Blessings!!

Carole
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by javin22
I will do 2 sets. I will do Farmers' Daughter from Quilt in a day, Quilters almanac block party 3 and a pine tree block. Thanks, Vinae
Vinae: I added you to the activity board. YEA!!!!

Blessings!!

Carole
Old 06-28-2011, 01:04 PM

I am unofficially signing up and will do the Holy Wreath from BH&G 501 Quilt Blocks and Poinsettia Quilt Block from quilt.com

WooHoo love holiday time :thumbup:
Old 06-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Originally Posted by babyfireo4
I am glad you are joining us......so get ready for....... I also will be hosting an International Winter/Holiday Row Robin starting in December. I would love to have you join me!! (And anyone else out there, too!!)

Blessings!!

Carole
I have been terrified of trying a Row Robin but am going to try to talk myself into it again. Sound silly? I just don't want to mess up with something that so many have put into it.