Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Wonky Log Cabin~ Fall colors ~ Sign-up Closed >

Wonky Log Cabin~ Fall colors ~ Sign-up Closed

Wonky Log Cabin~ Fall colors ~ Sign-up Closed

Old 09-21-2012, 01:27 PM

I did read back.
some great ideas there.
you are so sweet! You know I love you too.

Can't wait to see how your quilt comes out.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
And, did you read back, Ms. Grace, listed some ideas for you sweetie. I love you so much I just had to add my mouth in there for you. Just love you as a hostess.

I may have enough leaf appliques, that I could change up the border by adding just a medium toned brown and then the leaves on a vine on the border. I haven't done that before but could be done. Oh Oh Oh Oh, got it, embroidery an acorn wreath on the top and bottom borders with the vines going and leaves, then put four embroidery fall designs in the four corners, then just vines coming from a central large acorn applique. Oh my, mind is going going going and going, yeah, the creativity feels good, ah got my fix for the day. yes, ladies, boredom has overtaken me this beautiful Friday afternoon. Now I pray my body keeps up with my mind this weekend to get my work done so i can play with quilting.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:57 PM

Came up with another, how about basket quilt blocks. They can have flowers in them leaves, pieced blocks, any variety there is out there. those would be cute to have. I have not seen something like that in the time I have been on the board. They could be appliqued, pp, or just pieced.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:09 PM

I like the crazy patch idea too, and the kitchen one also. In the boom swap this year I did the vege's and fruit material, like the ones they do the jar quilts from. I really didn't want to cuddle with a basket of garlic so I decided to make table runners and placemats. I am in the process of doing that now and I really love them. Will probably have enough to make 3 sets of 8 plus a table runner. Went back down to the post office because delivery confirmation said it was expected delivery today. They lied! Not here so hopefully tomorrow, geez I'll be waking up at 3a.m.....twiddling my thumbs until 9 when they open on Saturday. Whatever you decide MsGrace, I'm in.....as long as you wait until after Xmas.....
Old 09-21-2012, 02:18 PM

I think this would be cool!
http://www.thequiltercommunity.com/Wc4e3d6995c7ba.htm
Old 09-21-2012, 02:49 PM

They are nice. It may be a bit of challenge for a few which is always good to try new things. Also to add to that Donna, what about making it a floral traditional theme block so we could do some of the other designs on that site.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 PM

I do like the last idea from Lv2sew and if it includes floral traditional, swappers could choose some simpler blocks if they thought applique was a bit difficult. I also like crazy quilt blocks, although I do find them time consuming compared to other styles. Not that that matters,really. Lots of good ideas!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 PM

I got my blocks today, they are all great, I did get two blocks three times. But they are all great.Thank You Ms Grace for hosting this swap it was alot of fun.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
I got my blocks today, they are all great, I did get two blocks three times. But they are all great.Thank You Ms Grace for hosting this swap it was alot of fun.
How do you get two blocks three times-?

I have a plan for a tablerunner with 3 of the blocks! I received one with an apple pie embroidered in the center and I'm going to use it with 2 others.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:02 AM

Tried to put my blocks into one composition but that did not work, so I'm making place mats. Which was my origonal plan! Thanks all. As for the next swap- I would keep it simple. I'd like spring theme crazy blocks.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:52 AM

OMGosh I see that people are getting their blocks still looking for mine I so can't wait to get them )