Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: All 4 walls are done now!!!!Yah

All 4 walls are done now!!!!Yah

I have been painting away, got all the walls done, and am adding the pictures to show the room in it's infancy. The room is 12x20. This first picture is looking to the southeast and I will have about an 8 ft square design wall, and I have started a Dear Jane, so those are the pieces that I have attached so far, to try to make the squares blend. Name:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 001.jpg
Views: 3562
Size:  1.04 MBName:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 002.jpg
Views: 3133
Size:  1,022.6 KB Now this is looking to the northeast, where I have a closet and will be putting shelves in there. Name:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 003.jpg
Views: 3017
Size:  999.5 KB This is looking to the northwest, and the door goes outside. The last one looks to the southwest and this is where I will have 2 desks for my sewing machines. I still have a long wait ahead of me, to get the lights and outlets hooked up, then the carpet and the trimboard, but I know it will happen. I am so excited.

Name:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 004.jpg
Views: 2926
Size:  1.06 MB
    Last edited by spartan quilter; 01-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Great work area!!!! Can understand your wanting it done, I was the same way with mine, lol, I spend a lot of time in mine. Love the yellow colors you picked!!!

Great space, my sewing room is yellow, too. I wanted a room that was light and airy feeling.
    Grandma Jane
    Wisconsin

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous area. I know you will be glad when it's done. Will keep checking back for progress updates and pictures.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Really coming along nicely. I envy you all the space! My room is only 12 X 13, but I do have a really large closet with shelves.
    SittingPretty

So, so jealous. It will be fabulous when it is finished and you can move in!!
    Quilting is my vice

Live well, laugh often, love much

It's going to be a lovely space -- and what a great quilt to christen it with!

great idea having the outlets up that high

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter View Post
    I have been painting away, got all the walls done, and am adding the pictures to show the room in it's infancy. The room is 12x20. This first picture is looking to the southeast and I will have about an 8 ft square design wall, and I have started a Dear Jane, so those are the pieces that I have attached so far, to try to make the squares blend. Name:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 001.jpg
Views: 3562
Size:  1.04 MBName:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 002.jpg
Views: 3133
Size:  1,022.6 KB Now this is looking to the northeast, where I have a closet and will be putting shelves in there. Name:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 003.jpg
Views: 3017
Size:  999.5 KB This is looking to the northwest, and the door goes outside. The last one looks to the southwest and this is where I will have 2 desks for my sewing machines. I still have a long wait ahead of me, to get the lights and outlets hooked up, then the carpet and the trimboard, but I know it will happen. I am so excited.

Name:  2012-Jan 14-Painting is done!!! 004.jpg
Views: 2926
Size:  1.06 MB
    I sure like it a lot good for you,you deserve one.

Quote Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
    great idea having the outlets up that high
    Yes, thank you. And to all who have posted comments, and to those who just look. I have always hated moving a desk or other piece of furniture to plug something in. I wanted those 2 switches to control the light fixtures above and also the outlets beside them, so when I shut off the lights, I am also shutting off my iron and sewing machines. He thought I was a little daffy, but I knew what I was using the space for, and that is a safety factor for me.

A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast