Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had a problem finding S hooks?

I find a I use my pegboard for a lot more than I thought I would. I know I put stuff on mine that doesn't "belong" I pretty much hang anything I can. I even put my gray bobbins on a peg for easy reaching.

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    I got some used ones from a store that was closing, but they were really only getting rid of the ones in bad shape. Hubby ended up straightening some and I cut some with bolt cutters b/c they were too long. (For safety I dipped the cut ends in hot glue to "soften" them.) I found a package of different sizes at Lowe's later but it took a couple of attempts.

Power Poster
    My husband snagged me a whole box of actual pegboard hooks. They have a little angle part that goes into the peg board and a post that locks them in place. I had an assortment from 6 inch straight ones for hanging patterns, scissors, rotary cutter and a bunch of shorter ones. I am glad I don't have to hunt for them but I believe they had a big assortment at Home Depot. Here's a novel idea......why don't they have them in the same spot as the pegbard???

are you looking for shooks or pegboard hooks?they come on lots of combos i keep buying them and noe need room for more pegboard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    My husband snagged me a whole box of actual pegboard hooks. They have a little angle part that goes into the peg board and a post that locks them in place. I had an assortment from 6 inch straight ones for hanging patterns, scissors, rotary cutter and a bunch of shorter ones. I am glad I don't have to hunt for them but I believe they had a big assortment at Home Depot. Here's a novel idea......why don't they have them in the same spot as the pegbard???
    How silly... that would be toooooo easy! Or here's one: clothesline rope in the laundry section of Walmart! No, they put it over by tools or something. silly

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    The S hooks I found work great. It says S hook assortment but looks like peg board hooks to me. Lots of different ones in the box. I have everything hung on my peg board! I love it.
    Got fabric?

I think the Dollar store has them also in there tool area

S-hooks did not give me any grief - it's when I went to Harbor Freight up in Vestal, NY (near Binghamton, NY) and asked for replacement blades for my rotary 45mm cutter. I have read here several of you find reasonable replacements there, but they had no idea what I was talking about!! I also had the same experience here on Long Island - Any ideas, ladies?

You can get them in bulk online. I order peg board hooks from www.storesupply.com I bought 4" hooks for my thread cones, much cheaper if you buy in bulk.
    Bernina 640, Singer 201-3, Singer Centennial 15-91, Tin Lizzie 26" long arm

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    S-hooks did not give me any grief - it's when I went to Harbor Freight up in Vestal, NY (near Binghamton, NY) and asked for replacement blades for my rotary 45mm cutter. I have read here several of you find reasonable replacements there, but they had no idea what I was talking about!! I also had the same experience here on Long Island - Any ideas, ladies?
    They are actually carpet cutter blades. Just ask them where the carpet installation supplies are.

Good luck!
    Laurlyn
    Innova 26" w/LS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast