Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had a problem finding S hooks?

Blog Entries

Anyone had a problem finding S hooks?

I bought two 4 x 4 peg boards for my sewing room. I didn't realize how hard it was to find the S hooks! Lowe's has one size: super large and super expensive. Walmart and Ace had super large or tiny. I did find some med size S hooks but they were $1 each. No Thanks. I need too many. I went back to Walmart. I kept getting sent to the hardware section when I asked about the S hooks. I kept searching on my own and I found a big box of 80 assorted S hooks for $8 95 in the tool section, not the hardware section. I now have all the S hooks, and assorted specialty hooks I need at a decent price. I haven't looked online but didn't want to pay shipping for metal items.
    Got fabric?

Odd, that they'd be hard to find! Sounds like you finally found a good bargain, though!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

You can usually find them at Lowe's, Harbor Freight, Marvins, Home Depot and they even have them at our WalMart. Good luck in your search. Also, if you need a lot of them, some places offer free shipping.

Blog Entries
    I found some of mine at the garden center. I also was on the hunt for them. It was an odd item to find.
    Nana of 1 E and 2 G's

I got some at Harbor Freight right after Mother's Day. My DH surprised me with a peg board for my sewing room

I have got them at Harbor Freight also....
    Blessings from Quiltdr

Great info - I will be setting up peg board in my new apartment in September. thanks much!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

I got my hardware at Lowes and Home Depot -- what one did not have the other did. I got shelf holders at Home Depot but Lowes had the shelving that fit. I put the shelves hight up and the hooks lower. Love my peg board -- I rearrange it every so often to make it work better for me -- very versitile.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't have thought to look in the tool dept.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Bellaboo for bringing up the topic. I am about to put up pegboard in one of my sewing areas. Can't wait. First thing that will go up are all of my rulers... it will be so nice to have them hanging out of the way and not taking up table top space.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast