Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: bed runners

Blog Entries
    Has anyone seen the new pattern book called, "Make Your Bed" by Leslee Evans on www.amazon.com? I've never made one but, looking at all the options (click on all the thumbnails and then zoom)I can see why it would be easy to change your room decor several times during the year if you so chose. Plus it takes far less fabric than a full quilt, is decorative in the summer if placed over a light weight white (or color of your choice) spread and takes up very little storage space. I suppose I could figure out how to make one without a pattern but LOVED the patterns in the book. :-D

Blog Entries
    The patterns are very nice. The book has not been released yet, though :( I think bed runners are a terrific idea.

Blog Entries
    That's true, QuiltnNan. Don't think it will be too long before it's out though. I usually find that when that's posted it's anywhere from 2-4 wks so if it's something I really want I just pre-order and then when it comes I'm pleasantly surprised.

Blog Entries
    Think this needs to go in the Quilting Forum. Does anyone know how I can transfer this thread there or is that even possible????

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonnie
    Has anyone seen the new pattern book called, "Make Your Bed" by Leslee Evans on www.amazon.com? I've never made one but, looking at all the options (click on all the thumbnails and then zoom)I can see why it would be easy to change your room decor several times during the year if you so chose. Plus it takes far less fabric than a full quilt, is decorative in the summer if placed over a light weight white (or color of your choice) spread and takes up very little storage space. I suppose I could figure out how to make one without a pattern but LOVED the patterns in the book. :-D
    I love the idea and have seen patterns for them that I would love to do. However, my bed runner is golden in colour and very hairy! See my avatar!

:P

Blog Entries
    [quote=quilter on the eastern edge][quote=Wonnie]Has anyone seen the new pattern book called, "Make Your Bed" by Leslee Evans on www.amazon.com? I've never made one but, looking at all the options (click on all the thumbnails and then zoom)I can see why it would be easy to change your room decor several times during the year if you so chose. Plus it takes far less fabric than a full quilt, is decorative in the summer if placed over a light weight white (or color of your choice) spread and takes up very little storage space. I suppose I could figure out how to make one without a pattern but LOVED the patterns in the book.

I love the idea and have seen patterns for them that I would love to do. However, my bed runner is golden in colour and very hairy! See my avatar!

:lol: :D :) :lol:

Blog Entries
    I think these are a very attractive accent too :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    This is probably "WA_A_A_AY" out there but, for myself, if I use the idea of changing the bedroom colors from time to time, I'm, also, thinking about adding a coordinating strip maybe 2" in from the front edges on my white curtains and attaching it with snaps (?), velcro (?), buttons (now THERE's a thought)and the strip could be changed periodically as well as the bed runner and pillow cases

Here are two links to two different bed runners that are currently available. HTH

http://www.crookednickel.com/patterns_kits.html#
    Scroll down to 'Points of Interest' for the bedrunner.

http://search.nancysnotions.com/?q=b...er&sp_cs=UTF-8

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
    Here are two links to two different bed runners that are currently available. HTH

http://www.crookednickel.com/patterns_kits.html#
    Scroll down to 'Points of Interest' for the bedrunner.

http://search.nancysnotions.com/?q=b...er&sp_cs=UTF-8
    Thank you SO much. Have been to Nancy's but never to the Crooked Nickel and it's such a cool site!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast