Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Bernina Artista 730 >

Bernina Artista 730

Bernina Artista 730

Old 09-25-2013, 05:25 PM

Default Bernina Artista 730

I am interested in the Bernina Artista 730 and would like to hear from those who currently own one of these machines - any problems or regrets or is it the best machine you ever purchased? Also, very interested in pricing on this machine and where you purchased yours. Does anyone know if it uses Windows Operating System?
Old 09-26-2013, 06:46 AM

You can't go wrong with a Bernina. It does use Window's operating system for the Embroidery system.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by speters54 View Post
I am interested in the Bernina Artista 730 and would like to hear from those who currently own one of these machines - any problems or regrets or is it the best machine you ever purchased? Also, very interested in pricing on this machine and where you purchased yours. Does anyone know if it uses Windows Operating System?
I bought Bernina Artista 730 last April at a good price, because they are no longer make 730 anymore except they might have used or leftovers. I like it that the machine has both sewing and embroidery. Very good machine.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:20 PM

The only thing that my Artista 730 does that I don't like, is it de-threads when I use the auto cutting mechanism. It does it less when I use Metrosene, and more when I use Aurifil.

I don't know if this is just a quirk with my machine or not. I've only taken in in to be serviced once, and they gave it back to me and said there isn't anything wrong with it.

The software is very difficult to use - you will have to take lessons to learn how to digitize.

It does sew a beautiful stitch. Love the feet that come with it, and all the many possibilities for additional ones.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:29 AM

I have had a lot of problems with my 730. Finally, decided it would never sew right after many trips to the dealer for repair, and bought a Janome. I had used Berninas for 30 years and loved them.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 AM

I have a Bernina Artista 730. I've had it for 7 years. I love it. This is my second Bernina. I got a 930 back in the '80s. I still use it when I have embroidery going on the 730. I use Isacord thread in mine and do not have the unthreading problem mentioned earlier. I did not find it hard to learn to use. I have Designer Plus 5 digitizing software and did take a class to learn to use it, but the things taught in class I had already learned playing with the machine. The only thing I would change is the size of the embroidery field. The largest it will so is 6x10 and that is with the mega hoop. I do want another machine, but only because I want a larger embroidery field. I'm looking at the new 700 series. I would love the new 830, but DH doesn't understand the need for a larger embroidery field.

I bought my machine through eBay. It was the floor model of a shop going out of business. I've had no problem with my local shop providing service. I took the classes through them.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:15 AM

Another thing about the threads I use are RA, Sulky, and Florian, I have no problem with my 730 machine. I have USB to have designs from my computer to sewing machine and came out beautifully. I guess you will have a class to learn about the USB. The built in decorative stitches are beautiful. I will probably would like to have 780 machine next time when I'm ready.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 AM

I have a Bernina 730 and love it. Traded my Bernina 4300 for it. Only complaint I had was that the check tension warrining light kept coming on when there was nothing wrong with the tension. But the dealer turned it off for me and all is well now. I would say go for it. You will be happy with the machine.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:17 PM

I bought a 730 back in 2006. I love it. It has never given me problems.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:09 PM

I have the Artista 200 upgraded to the 730, which as I understand it means that software was added for higher functionality and the BSR. I love the machine, the stitching is perfect and I've had fun with the embroidery. It's an extremely robust machine and it's easy to FMQ using the BSR. I bought it from the original owner and have used it for about 3 years...no problems. However, I'm thinking of selling it and upgrading to one of the newer machines just because I like change and I already have 2 other Berninas and a Janome. I would like to have a larger harp as it does get tiresome pushing a lot of cloth through the machine. I won't buy anything but Bernina (the Janome was a gift.)