Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best places to get tables etc for quilting space.

Best places to get tables etc for quilting space.

I am setting up my work space and would appreciate suggestions of where to get tables, and other essential pieces ?
    Eileen

Blog Entries
    Earlier this year I found a HUGE desk at Savers (thrift store), cost $30
    I absolutely love it.
    Louise - I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world . Also collect homemade pincushions, and sewing/quilting themed fabrics.

Depends on what kind of table, style, quality and $available. I like melamine laminate bookshelves to store fabric; it's not touching a surface that might change the fabric over time. I bought mine at Home Depot and Lowes.

For machine tables I have a Horn cabinet with drawers (storage), SewEz (great for taking..), and a 4 ft folding table. The machine fits down into the cabinet on Horn and SewEz. The Bernina 830 fits on top of the folding table with the embroidery attached.

These work for me...... Others have much different set ups that work for them....

I really like my ikea furniture. Reasonable, sturdy and lots of options and configurations.

yel
    Blog Entries
    the bookcase[walmart or big lots ] bottom and a table top or door for the top from home depot for a cutting table bonus storage below table

I love my kitchen mobile island for my cutting table with storage. It is the perfect height and I can roll it . My quilt rack fits perfectly under the overhang.

sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Sandygirl...I like your island. Great idea!
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

Second hand/thrift stores work great! And you will save a ton of money.

I would start with the Thrift stores....Great deals can be had if you are patient and look often.

It's hard to say without knowing how much money you want to spend, how much space you have etc, but I got my sewing table and cutting table (had it custom made to meet my needs) from Gristmill Furniture. It's solid wood because I really don't like the look of laminate (a personal preference). Honestly, it's so beautiful and well made that it could be handed down in the family for generations, and the best part is that the cost was comparable to Horn furniture!

Having said that, I've seen pictures here and on other sites of furniture that costs very little yet is quite lovely. I wish I had the imagination and creativity of some of these people, but unfortunately I don't so I just admire it from afar...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast