Blah!!! lol!

Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 PM

I can relate to having grandchildren living with me. I babysat my 1st grandson (almost 7 now) when he was a baby, long story short...my son moved in with us and grandson lives with us half of the week (separated). We had all his junk from a 3 bedroom, 2 car garage house all over our house and in our 3 car garage for almost a year. I lost 2 bedrooms when they moved in. I do still have a small office size sewing room that over spills into my dining room. I had his crib in the master bedroom when he was a baby. Now I babysit my new grandson who is almost 4 months old and I have baby stuff everywhere. And I don't really have much time to quilt !! But, my older grandson loves being at our house. Despite all the stuff and confusion, it's not really that bad. They do grow up fast...
Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Life is about change and so we must adapt to different times in our lives. Just dream/plan about the room you will have one day.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:37 AM

So, the long and short of it is, as you lose a sewing studio, you gain sleep each night. Fair trade for the time being, don't you think? You can sew anywhere, others (apparently) can't sleep anywhere! It's temporary, hopefully. Just think, now you can make him a quilt for his big boy bed, right? It's all how you look at it!! Cup 1/2 full!!! Good luck and enjoy your sleep!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
So, the long and short of it is, as you lose a sewing studio, you gain sleep each night. Fair trade for the time being, don't you think? You can sew anywhere, others (apparently) can't sleep anywhere! It's temporary, hopefully. Just think, now you can make him a quilt for his big boy bed, right? It's all how you look at it!! Cup 1/2 full!!! Good luck and enjoy your sleep!
Totally agree!