Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cleaned & Rearranged My Sewing Room Today! :)

i love that hutch. if you don't mind, may i suggest adding a fabric skirt around the table it sits on. also, the wall that is missing sheet rock, you can use white peg board and you have multiple uses from shelving to a designer wall. good job at organizing. happy holidays.

Cleaning and organizing is not a process I enjoy....but, oh, how nice to have it all put in order! Good work.
    Some things have to be believed to be seen. -Ralph Hodgson-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bvillequilter View Post
    Very nice sewing room! What an interesting place for me to visit! I also have an old treadle machine (minus the machine) and would like to strip the wood desk off and just use the iron stand. What did you top it with? It looks like marble in the photo. I bet it makes a really sturdy table. I would like to use it for my serger.
    Thank you! Yes, that's a marble top on the tredle stand! A dear older quilter gave it to me, along with some of her old ufos, and the wooden spool thread holder I have hanging on the wall. I had enough wooden spools to fill it from estate auctions, etc.
    Diana
    "We are not human beings on a spiritual journey; We are spiritual beings on a human journey."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bfree67 View Post
    i love that hutch. if you don't mind, may i suggest adding a fabric skirt around the table it sits on. also, the wall that is missing sheet rock, you can use white peg board and you have multiple uses from shelving to a designer wall. good job at organizing. happy holidays.
    Thank you! I hadn't thought of adding a fabric skirt to the folding table! Would make it look much nicer!

And pegboard would be ideal for that wall! It used to have that bedroom's closet there, but we removed the small coat closet from the other side, to make the living room a bit bigger.... And my icky ex never finished it. Can't do anything permanent with it, except for putting the closet back in, as we're planning on selling this house in a year or two, and will need to make it back into a bedroom for that. Pegboard would make an excellent temp fix until we fix it all correctly again for selling!

Now if only I'd get my butt in there sewing.... I'm hating working on that checked sashing for the quitar quilt! lol!!!!
    Diana
    "We are not human beings on a spiritual journey; We are spiritual beings on a human journey."

Oh to have a sewing room to organize! Yours looks so nice.
    MistyMarie

Love the guitar wallhanging!

Blog Entries
    I noticed your Sun Bonnet Sue quilt in the one picture. I have the exact same pattern quilt done in my upstairs bedroom, only I used peachy shaded sashing and some semi-pastel colors. It's for my daughter, who is now pregnant with her son. I may keep it awhile longer, yet. . .

What a great looking sewing room - If the fabric folding elves ever show up, please send them my way when they are done with your stash
    Love your space

Why is it I clean up after projects but the room gets messed up again at the start of another project. I like the SBS she cute. It's fun to find things we forget about. Looks nice. Sue

Blog Entries
    With all of your wonderful wall hangings, knick knacks and pictures....your room looks so wonderful homey and comfortable!! I totally understand about needing and wanting it organized though; I spent time this summer getting mine all in tip top organization. Absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing and have a great time creating in your sewing room!
    Brenda

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast