Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Cleaning my sewing room!!! >

Cleaning my sewing room!!!

Cleaning my sewing room!!!

Old 03-24-2014, 05:13 AM

I am just finishing up re-re-organizing my room. It wasn't working out well for all the things I wanted it to do. Its almost done - hopefully this incarnation will 'stick' for a while. I'm going to try to post pics later.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:02 AM

When Mom passed away, I moved my 20+ plastic containers of fab and two bookshelves into her room. I call the room Julie's Fabric Store. Containers line two walls stashed three and four high. HUGE and mean HUGE plastic bag of orphan blocks. One corner corrals batting. Rectangle table in middle of the room which I use to auditioin fab, slide containers on to get to the container on the bottom. Looked fine until I started shopping for fabric. I have a a bad habit of NOT putting fab back into the correct container. Next time I have two days off in a row will return the fabric to the correct container.

No, maybe will go shopping instead!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:27 AM

Once I got my room clean, the hard job was retraining myself to put things away after I used them.
Funny how easy magic is
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 AM

Would love to see pics. We are trying to reorganize our 2 hobby rooms. We would love to see what you all have done and get some new ideas. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Yesterday, I was looking for a design for my next quilt project. I had drawn it up a couple days before and thought I'd left it on my cutting table. I hunted and found lots of other things. Then I started going through the piles on my ironing board. I found lots of different things, got them put in their proper places. The last place I looked, should have been the first, the manila file folder, clearly labeled as to it's contents.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:48 PM

I have just spent a couple of weekends packing my fabric (most not all) because we are putting the house on the market and it was felt that the room (and all my other cubby holes) was too crowded. I have given a bunch away but I still have tons. Will be glad when we have our new place so I can get set up again. Unfortunately, my helpers did not clearly label things so when I start unpacking I will have a ton of fun.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:16 PM

Boy do I know what you mean. I can't stand when I can't find anything anymore in my sewing room or when I have put too many hurdles in the room. Congratulations on the project. We seem to be so much more creative when the sewing room is clean. Just like a freshly cleaned house. Love it!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:58 AM

I have been working on my sewing room for 2 weeks now. Interruptions occur all the time. Last night I taught a sewing/quilting class at church, today I have quilting group in Bonita where I will be showing/teaching about whimsical dolls I make. Not sure how many will be interested but they asked me to do it. So maybe Wednesday I can get back to the task. I did find a baby quilt I had almost finished before I put it away to finish my Grandmother's Flower Garden. Now I am putting binding on it and will give to church for children in Guatemala.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:28 AM

not one before and after picture?? Come on girls show us how much you have done!!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:41 AM

I won't be posting any pictures of what I have or have not done. I can't do pics without help, and this spring all my help went the "let's go outdoors" way. And I have a lot of "have not done" looking me in the face. Mess, mess, mess. With me getting ready to go to Texas and teach my GGD's how to quilt. How successful do you think that is going to be. Exciting for me, for I do love to see the young people take an interest in sewing. We'll see. And when I get back to Tennessee, maybe I'll work on my sewing room. That sounds exciting to me too. I love it when it is all clean and things where they belong.