Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Cleaning

Blog Entries
    I sew in the dining room, but generally clean up after each project. Lots of times when I am "stuck" on a project, I will begin cleaning up the area which tends to clear my mind.

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    And a perfectly clean house is the sign of a dull woman.

Guess I am a creative, non-dull woman!

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC View Post
    Oh thank you - I knew there was a reason that my room was never completely cleaned up - will have to show this to my DH
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings View Post
    My mom always says, "a messy room is the sign of a creative mind." I'm going with it
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    hahahaha, love that "making that mistake" This is SO me!

Blog Entries
    I had ceramic tile put in my sewing area but have carpet in my sewing room. It's easy to clean the tile and I keep a vacuum in my sewing closet so it's handy to use. My problem is putting things back as soon as I'm though with them. They seem to pile up on every bare surface. The surface underneath them is clean though!
    Got fabric?

My sewing room is also a guest room and also my office as well as my quilting/sewing room. I clean the desk when company's coming. I swiffer and vacuum it in between. I have a Horn "Quilter's Dream" sewing cabinet with a large leaf in the back. I keep that leaf up and have a 2-drawer file under the edge. With my computer table (Ikea, of course) set at a right-angle to the leaf, I have a lovely L-shaped work space opposite the "business end" with the sewing machine. And if I have a quilting guest, we can set up a machine on the leaf for them to use.
    Grandmere

Blog Entries
    You are kidding, right? threads and dust bunnies? Sorry , but you made me laugh. I have a whole fabric shop on my floor
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5