Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Tour My Sewing Room

Very nice space. Enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    Love to have a copy of the slipper pattern, have hard time finding comfy ones and my moms feet are soo tiny!!

Painiacs, the slipper pattern is Simplicity 2278. I left off the strap, and cut the pattern up higher, closer to the ankle. I then widened it, since I have very wide feet. I ended up using a gift box and traced the outline of my foot to be sure the bottom of my foot fit the bottom of the slipper. Had to widen it too.

I've cut out two pair of pajama bottoms today, and a couple more pair of slippers are on my list too.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjunker View Post
    Painiacs, the slipper pattern is Simplicity 2278. I left off the strap, and cut the pattern up higher, closer to the ankle. I then widened it, since I have very wide feet. I ended up using a gift box and traced the outline of my foot to be sure the bottom of my foot fit the bottom of the slipper. Had to widen it too.

I've cut out two pair of pajama bottoms today, and a couple more pair of slippers are on my list too.
    Be sure to pick up your pattern when they are on sale at JoAnn's for $1 or 1.99.

happyjunker, love your slippers!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I have the exact same sewing cabinet as yours. I got it at a local thrift store (no machine) and I altered the opening for my Janome. I really like it!!!
    Debbie

Thanks for the pattern number for slippers. I just got rid of a pattern I've had for years b/c I decided I was avoiding it due to complicated instructions. These look more 'doable' and comfy!

Love the S hook idea for rulers!! I think you've solved one of my problems.

Is that a Singer 301 I spy on the bottom self of the left hand wire racks/storage shelves? I have one and love it, although I don't use it very often.

Thanks for sharing - your space looks great.

Blog Entries

audsgirl, the floor is laminate, and it gets cold. That's why I sew and wear these... Very comfy, but my feet don't sweat in them!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on the slippers. I know what you mean about feet sweating in slippers. I always wear slippers in the house, and it can be hard to find any that feel good and aren't sweat-inducing. I may have to try those.

Love how you organized the space with the wire shelving racks! The 'S' hooks were a terrific idea.

Love your room and your goats!!!

Is that a Singer cabinet from the late 60's or very early 70's? I have one very similar that house my old mechanical Pfaff 262 I bought in 1968. She is still truckin' and is in my avatar. I have added since then more modern machines such as the Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe and prior to that a Pfaff 2170. I just wish I had a room like your's. It looks wonderful and I love the china hutch idea. Stash behind glass doors!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast