Delays!

Old 04-15-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Please don't grumble. Be glad that you nipped this problem in the bud before anything more serious occurred to your health! Try to always look at the brighter side of an obstacle. You are going to have time to work on your studio and then enjoy it!
Well said, I could not agree more. Better now than in the middle of your move. Take care!
Old 04-16-2016, 05:59 AM

As one who had 3 bypasses and a porcine valve with no symptoms except extreme fatigue, I am grateful for every day, believe me!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

WOW, glad you're on the mend! Take the extra time to fine tune your plans and I'm sure you will come up with more ideas for that final space.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

Please do concentrate on taking care of YOU! The sewing room project will come along later, and you can pace yourself, and perhaps even delegate the heavy lifting, etc. Please don't overdo it.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:03 AM

Thank goodness you went into the E.R.
You are far more precious than a sewing room.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:12 AM

Your health is #1. The rest will follow.......take care
Old 04-16-2016, 08:01 AM

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! Excellent! You'll have lots of energy to enjoy your new space when it's finished!
P. S. Thank you so much for sharing your symptoms with us here. Just a reminder that we all need to pay attention to what our bodies are telling us!
Take care!!!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:12 PM

Get feeling better and rest up. I spent 4 days last weekend in hospital and still have infection in calf and have to spend too much time in craftmatic bed with leg up, hope it gets better soon, so much to do and I have to rest, so do rest too so we can get back to work.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:33 PM

Donna I so agree with everyone's comments, this is an unanswered Prayer as the song goes. This might have happened to prevent you from being alone in your new studio and something terrible happen to your heart. The garage/shed isn't going anywhere, it will be waiting patiently for you to bring it to life! Perhaps during your rest you can look back over your pictures of your new home being built and share them with me...I mean the rest of the board members. I'm sure everyone wants to see your new house with all your work of picking Windows, paint, flooring etc. Take care of yourself and read some quilting magazines for ideas to create in your new studio!
Jeri
Old 04-19-2016, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by oldtisme View Post
Donna I so agree with everyone's comments, this is an unanswered Prayer as the song goes. This might have happened to prevent you from being alone in your new studio and something terrible happen to your heart. The garage/shed isn't going anywhere, it will be waiting patiently for you to bring it to life! Perhaps during your rest you can look back over your pictures of your new home being built and share them with me...I mean the rest of the board members. I'm sure everyone wants to see your new house with all your work of picking Windows, paint, flooring etc. Take care of yourself and read some quilting magazines for ideas to create in your new studio!
Jeri
Actually, our "new house" wasn't built for us. We are moving into my husband's parent's house. But shortly after my DFIL passed away, my MIL said, "Ricky would never let me have any colors on the walls other than white, so now I'm going to paint them the color I want!". So she had them painted the gaudiest shade of green you've ever seen! LOL! She painted this color in the living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallway. Two weeks ago I told my 23 year old autistic daughter that we were going to move into grandma's house and asked her what she thought of that. The first words out of her mouth were, "Paint da walls Mrs. Mom?" Even she knows ugly when she sees it! LOL! I assured her that we were going to paint the walls, and even let her pick the color she wants for her room! She picked a royal blue, and I am going to start at the top with a clear glaze, then gradually add the blue to it so that it is darker at the bottom. This will make it look like the ocean, and I will paint "sand" at the bottom and paint on seaweed and fish to make it sort of a mural on her wall. Our bedroom will have a mural as well. 😃

Donna