Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Design Wall At Last!

Blog Entries
    This is great! Thank you for sharing!!!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Thank you for posting this. Your wall is great! Good job!

I have rigid insulation for my design wall, but the color is blue and white would be better. I've been thinking about encasing it in a flannel covering so I can use both sides. (It leans against one short wall wall and continues around the corner in front of a double door, half of which I don't use. There are two pieces.) But I like your idea better. If I got a king size batting, I could probably cover one side of each piece. Thank you!

I used the foam batting to make a design wall, too. It works great! Mine, however, is not as fancy as yours. I had no instructions and just walked around Home Depot until I found something that would work. I bought 2 pieces, took them home and just covered them with off white flannel, pulled around and stapled on the back. Yours looks much more professional! Good job!

I really need to quit procrasting and do this! I don't have a dedicated wall. I will have to make one that tucks behind a large cabinet and slide it out when I need it. Sure wish I had a permanent wall for one!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Great, I did me one like this but I used flannel. They are great. I do not know what I did with out one.

Great job and congrats on your new design wall!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Thanks for the link to the instructions. I really want to make one. Right now I'm using a vinyl/flannel backed table cloth pinned to the wall. But it would be really nice to have a portable design wall. Thanks again!

Great idea and a little more solid. I just hung a flannel flat bed sheet on the wall and the material sticks to it.
    Its cheep so I can spend my money on material :-)
    Roz

I just used my design wall for the first time. Can't believe how great it is to arrange your blocks. For the first time I didn't have to re-iron seams to put the blocks together. Got it right the first time because of the block being on the wall.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the idea. I like your quilt you are working on!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast