Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Design wall

Hi,
    I purchased the fons and porter design wall at JoAann's with my 50% off coupon, it was only $12.00 and already has grommets at the top, so was easy to hang on the command hooks and it does hold a quilt top.

I pin mine to the living room curtain. LOL Works for me.

I use Office stick/push pins and old sewing machine needles, so far they have held up two flannel backed tablecloths that I sewed together; floor to ceiling and almost wall to wall. My wall can hold a queen size quilt and stay up. Total cost around $6.00.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    How about sewing some loops or attaching grommets and then use those Command Hooks they advertise on TV. That way you wouldn't have to punch holes in the wall.
    Excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that when I was using a piece of batting? It held the blocks but not joined pieces.

quiltsRfun, you're brilliant.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.
    2012-2013 Row by Row-Groups 6 & 7 ... 2011-2012 Quilt for Quilters Swap

My son-in-law put up a decorative curtain rod over a double closet door....put weights on the end of the heavy flannel wool fabric..works great and when I don't want it roll it up and tie with ribbon ..out of the way ..works great...and cheap to do..

Blog Entries
    The Command Hooks are the solution if the walls are fairly smooth. I use them to hold design walls up at retreats. At home, however, my walls are textured, and don't stay up as well.

If your wall allows it you could put some sort of hook to hang skirt hangers that clip the flannel, but are still temporary
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean????

Me neither.

3M has hooks that don't harm the wall, the you could hook the tablecloth up. Try it??????
    Lori McC

I use thumb tacks and a flannel tablecloth as well. Since its my quilt room my husband is okay with it. I've hung a queen size quilt on my wall. My walls are in my little quilt room are made of gyprock.

But I like the idea of the 3 m hooks. If you go this route let us know how it works okay. My quilt room is in Newfoundland, Canada and I'm a snowbird in Phoenix Arizona for the winter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast