Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Design wall

what a great idea!Im goung to use this in my own sewing room! thanks for the insite!
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    How about sewing some loops or attaching grommets and then use those Command Hooks they advertise on TV. That way you wouldn't have to punch holes in the wall.
    The man who speaks the truth is always at ease

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RugosaB View Post
    If your wall allows it you could put some sort of hook to hang skirt hangers that clip the flannel, but are still temporary
    This was my solution for quite a while, then I just went with the LARGE headed tacks found in office supply areas. Looks like there are lots of options - hard to say what's best...

Tacks or little nails.

If you have a large window, sometimes those plastic clothes hangers with the clips for holding skirts etc that come with clothing bought at most stores work great. Just hang the hangers off the curtain rod and clip the quilt or design wall (mine is also a flannel back tablecloth) up with the clips.

thumbtacks used here

I love my portable design wall, which leans just enough so practically nothing ever falls off. I almost never have to use pins. Just buy the 2" think pink styrofoam insulation that is used in basements, etc. (home depot) Cover with Flannel. I made covers like giant pillow cases and covered two of the 4x8 sheets of foam. then hand whip stitched together on one edge. I covered them so that one side is light blue other side is dark green. nice to switch depending on what value of blocks you are auditioning. so they stand out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3