Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Design wall

Design wall

I purchased a flannel backed tablecloth to use on the wall and stuck it up with blue painter's tape. It worked great when I was placing individual blocks on it, but when I hung up the sewn top to see what it would look like, the darn thing fell down onto the floor. Any suggestions for a temporary way to affix it to the wall?
    Wendy in VA

If I a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

sticky back velcro?
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

How about sewing some loops or attaching grommets and then use those Command Hooks they advertise on TV. That way you wouldn't have to punch holes in the wall.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your idea quiltsRfun! I've had problems with mine as well ... Only I used very small nails with no heads but your idea sounds like the solution!
    "Seeking God's guidance is the key to success... even in daily living when we learn to LISTEN!"

Have you tried using tacks, not sure anything could hold the weight of a large quilt top.
    Unless a more permanent design wall was used.

Stretch the flannel sheets around some fiberboard and lean them against the wall

I used flannel on a frame made of 1 x 2 slats. I covered the raw edges with some cheap wood trim then sprayed the flannel with 505 spray I used to use for machine embroidery. One light coat of spray has worked to hold up the heaviest quilt I've worked on so far.

Great ideas, ladies! Thanks for taking the time to help me out! I think I'll try the grommets & command strips. That sounds like a workable solution for the time being.
    Wendy in VA

If I a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Hi Wendy-I use a flannel tablecloth as well. Mine is up using thumbtacks, 4 across top and bottom and a few down the sides. Holds up perfectly.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    How about sewing some loops or attaching grommets and then use those Command Hooks they advertise on TV. That way you wouldn't have to punch holes in the wall.
    This is a great idea! I have been trying to think of a way to hang a design wall, but I can't put holes in the walls. Perfect solution! Thanks from me too!
    Kelly

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast