Donating fabric

Old 11-12-2016, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
I also enjoy buying patterns besides the fabrics. I have a huge oak cabinet full of them. All kinds, not just quilting patterns. I don't feel bad one bit when my sister jabs me about it. I tell her, "Sis, This is what I do. It is my hobby to sew for others and charity." After all when the snow is flying around and I don't want to go out in it, I have lots to chose from. I also want to say, I am glad I bought when the fabric was reasonable enough to buy. Wow! The prices have gone sky high!
I sew a lot and I hardly ever keep anything for myself. But, it makes me happy to stay busy.
Good for you for not letting people who don't "get it" shame you about your hobby. I have tons of fabric. I love my fabric. I use it when it fits the project and buy new fabric when I see something I really like. Most of my projects are inspired by some fabrics I already have. I love being able to get inspired, start a project and possibly even complete it without having to go to the store for anything. I LOVE my stash and don't let anyone rain on my parade