Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally finished quilt room!

How NICE & NEAT!... You should be real proud. If you are out of anything to do now come on over and you can straighten up my 2 rooms. You'd run out scared of the mess I'm. lol Kudos to you!....
    Country 1

Very nice. Where did you find the wire basket storage units have been looking and can't seam to find them

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda m View Post
    WOW! What a great place to create in. Now...show us the 'real' room with quilt in progress. LOL!! Hope you have fun in your new space.
    Busted! Yes, I did clean up for the photos but there actually is a quilt in progress on top of the cutting area (3rd photo).
    Pat

A few people have inquired about the basket storage in my room. Here is the information:
    I bought them at the Container Store. They are made by Elfa. http://www.containerstore.com/shop/elfa/components
    IKEA sells something similar. The basket system consists of 4 units with melamine tops and that makes my cutting board which is approximately 35x42.
    I haven't been at this all that long so the baskets, so far, do a pretty good job of holding my stash.
    Pat

Love your room. Now for my question...what kind of table is that for your sewing machine and do you like it? I need to get something better suited height-wise (I'm using a desk and the machine sits too high).

Quote Originally Posted by kathyd View Post
    Love your room. Now for my question...what kind of table is that for your sewing machine and do you like it? I need to get something better suited height-wise (I'm using a desk and the machine sits too high).
    That table is made by Janome for my machine. There are other options, though.
    The Sew Easy Table seems to be very well liked. http://www.seweziusa.com/
    And there is the Gidget Table - there are two versions of that and I'm not totally sure what the differences are.
    http://www.sewingtableshop.com/sewin...fm?RNtt=gidget

I totally agree that having the machine sunk into the table makes a huge difference. I do like the table, but please note the tables behind and to the side - they are really needed when quilting to support the quilt. The table alone is too narrow for FMQ and this seems to be true of all these tables. I bought the supplemental tables at IKEA.
    Pat

Looks great! I straighten mine and it seems like in no time I have to do it again, but that is what it is there for right? Happy quilting!
    Pam Riggs

Looks wonderful! Love it.

very nice room-extra tidy-go mess it up a little
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Blog Entries
    Happy for you! Great job!
    SHIRLEY

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast