Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Finally a Way to Store My Machine Needles

Great! Oh boy did I want to reach into the screen last night and grab one. I couldn't find one until I started acting like a chipmunk.

Blog Entries
    I love this. Mine are in a tin but I have to rifle through it to find the one I need. I'll have to take a trip to the family dollar store today.

A needle book is a great way to store slightly used machine needles. Just label the sizes on each felt page with a sharpie... Works for me...

Blog Entries
    I've had no luck looking for these at family dollar or dollar general. If anyone finds them at a store, please share what store it was. Maybe stores' inventory differs in different areas.

Blog Entries
    great idea, going to do this today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    I've had no luck looking for these at family dollar or dollar general. If anyone finds them at a store, please share what store it was. Maybe stores' inventory differs in different areas.
    Gale! I originated this thread and when I get back up to the Family Dollar store in Wisconsin where I purchased these boxes, I will check to see if they still have them. If they do, I would be happy to purchase them for you and send them to you. If this is agreeable with you, please PM me and send me your address. Yolanda Wood River

Now, go back to the store a purchase the package of pony tail wraps. They fit around the bobbins perfect and keeps the threads from tangling or unrolling.

That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my DGD are very curious in my sewing room so I've had to do a bit more 'hiding' of my sharps. They are in plastic chewing gum containers. All the different sizes containers are stored in a plastic 3-drawer shelf on the bookshelf beside my machine. When they are older I maybe able to leave things out or within reach but for now, that's what I have to do.

Blog Entries
    Thank You for the answer to one of my problems. I will look for these containers next time I shop.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Sometimes (quite often actually) I wish this board would have a "like-button". I just wanted to say that I like to see how people have organized things. In sweden we have far smaller houses than the average american house. Eventhough I have my own sewing room (which is oh so luxurious still having kids in the house), it is probably far smaller than you would imagine. And I have to keep everything in here, from my computer to the gift wrapping supplies etc.

So needless to say (pun not intended), I always appreciate crafty storage and sorting ideas!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast