Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Idea for storing bins/totes

Wow that is awesome!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like it would take up way to much space in a sewing room. Plus the fabric you want will still be in the bottom. And fabric should never be stored in plastic bins, fabric needs to breath. Looks like the top ones would be too heavy to pull down.
    Not impressed with those containers.

One wouldn't have to make them as high as the picture is, and it would save having to move a tote or more off of another one or two to get to what you wanted. I can see this being used for storage of the containers, for other than quilting. You always want the tote that's on the bottom, not matter what you have stored in them and this way you could put out whichever one you wanted and not have to move the rest. Besides, you could make the stand for whatever size totes you wanted to use. I like the idea and can see a number of uses.

Blog Entries
    That is super. I have a small ledge going to the basement and I could make a smaller one to hold smaller bins for all kinds of things. Thanks for the link.

That looks perfect! Looks like a fun project, as well!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

This is a great project. We are in the process of building a new house and this would be great for the garage storage. I bookmarked the site and saved it for my husband to see. We could build this ourselves. Thanks for sending it.

I have seen this around before. It is on my "might give this a try list" haha
    ABCDEFG

the idea is to make these as large or as small as you need them. You make them 6 inches deep or 18" deep, just depends on what size your totes are. My next payday I will get smaller PVC and connectors for my smaller bins and set this up under one of my cutting tables. My thicker PVC I am going to make for the garage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2