Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Has anyone used hanging shoe bags (the square ones) for fabric? >

Has anyone used hanging shoe bags (the square ones) for fabric?

Has anyone used hanging shoe bags (the square ones) for fabric?

Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Thanks. I have the over the door model and it is full of the odds and ends that I frequently use and want easy to get to. I found a spot for one of the hanging ones and think I will get one -- I thought to group UFOs in the little cubbies. My problem with UFOs is that I misplace them in my crowded room.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 PM

I use my holder to keep my embroidery stabilizers organized. I love it.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:49 AM

Default hanging shoe bags

yes, not only are the bags great in the craft room but they work great in the pantry for those little items
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56 AM

I have the closet rod type and it is great holds fabric very well and it is always easy to find what i want one section is all fat quarters from a LQS that rolls them rather than folds them.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 AM

I have about 4 of them all with fabric. I put kits together along with the pattern and whatever else that goes with it. They work really good and you can see everything in each bend. My fabric and pattern stash has grown so much that I bout plastic hangers from WalMart and am hanging my fabric on the and putting them on the clothes bar. I love it because you can see the fabric so well and it looks so nice that way.
Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
Just wondering if anyone out there has used those rather large hanging fabric bags for fabric? These are the ones that have the square openings to slip a pair of shoes in. Have they worked? They appear to hang around the closet pole -- is it velcro that holds it up?
I have a spot where I can put one, but I don't want to invest the $ if they can't hold the fabric.

Thanks!!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
elm

I have one that has hooks to hang from the pole and it works. Wanted to add a second, but all the new ones have velcro. I worry that the weight would cause the velcro to open so I'll be interested in what others say.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM

I have four of them I use. They have hooks on the top to hang on the closet rod. They work great
Old 03-07-2012, 02:08 PM

I use shoe bags of all kinds. I get mine at the thrift store for a couple of dollars. I have 2 with the pockets hanging over the French doors coming into my sewing room. I have another on the wall just behind the door. I have one with the 3 square sections and round openings going into it, which I believe is meant for toys, but I keep my fleece scraps, my fusable pieces, and heavier fabric scraps in it. I also have the square sweater one that hangs from a rod, but so far haven't found a place to hang it.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM

Are you talking about the shoe racks that hang on the back of a door - or the ones that hang inside your closet on the clothes rod - I love them, but the problem I have is with my house - I have no room in any of my closets to hang one of these bags from the rod- unfortunately my doors open right to the wall, so if I add anything to the back of the door, it will not allow my door to stay open

Last edited by JUNEC; 03-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 AM

What a great idea...I have two for shoes,but now I am going to buy a couple for my closed in the sewing room. I think that I will also store some of my yarn that is just sitting in plastic grocery bags. Thanks for the tip. I learn something new every day from you ladies.......Bea