Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Has anyone used hanging shoe bags (the square ones) for fabric?

Blog Entries
    I bought mine at Target for a dollar a piece. They work well for fatquarters and sets of material. Be care ful though, if you over load them they will start to turn loose where the velcro attaches to the top. Got 4 in my closet.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

I have four of them hanging in the closets in my sewing room. (we took the folding doors off the closets so they are always open and accessible.) I love the shoe holders. I use them to sort smaller collections of usually FQs. One section holds all my FQs of heart fabrics, one holds my fruit/vegetable FQs, Three sections hold my fairy frost FQs, and so forth. Very handy

Mine came with a hanger and aren't the velcro type. I got them at JoAnns using my discount coupons. I'm sure they weren't expensive.
    Last edited by Corky; 03-08-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

I have seen them used by Helen Deighton - UK fabric dyer. They looked good but needed some support at the top in the middle

I have one that came with my closet organizer. I had redone my sewing closet with plenty of shelves and I use the fabric shoe holder to store my cone threads in by color.
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

I have both kinds and the over the rod one started to rip out on top so sewed it back togather and dont put so much weight on it now.
    The over the door hanger is nice for storing videos and odd ball stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

I have used them. They do hang on (supposedly) with velcro. The velcro is not really strong enough if you fill each one with fat quarters, or whatever. I ended up nailing mine to the end of a shelf unit instead. LOVED it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone out there has used those rather large hanging fabric bags for fabric? These are the ones that have the square openings to slip a pair of shoes in. Have they worked? They appear to hang around the closet pole -- is it velcro that holds it up?
    I have a spot where I can put one, but I don't want to invest the $ if they can't hold the fabric.

Thanks!!

Thanks for your ideas -- I will look for the ones with hooks to go over the closet bar rather than get the velcro ones.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3