Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
How do you store your Accuquilt Dies? >

How do you store your Accuquilt Dies?

How do you store your Accuquilt Dies?

Old 12-31-2016, 07:48 PM

I just started working things through, but I have peg board on my wall and hung everything up on peg board hooks, but that will only work if the bags they come in will hold up.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:34 PM

I have my strip dies on their sides under a table. There is just enough room between the legs and a large plastic tote for the dies to lay on their sides.

Connie
Old 01-01-2017, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
I just started working things through, but I have peg board on my wall and hung everything up on peg board hooks, but that will only work if the bags they come in will hold up.
QuiltnLady, the bags seem to hold up fairly well, but the sticky stuff that holds the bottom closed wears out over time-- especially on the dies that get lots of use. In order to make sure the dies don't slide out I use several short pieces of blue painters tape on each of mine going from the back side of the package down over the bottom and up the front. The tape makes it easy to open the package, but holds well enough to keep the dies from sliding out when they're hanging up, and it is just sticky enough to hold shut without tearing the packaging when you want to open it. Just use your fingernail to burnish the top portion of the tape down on the front and back when you put the die back in the package. the tape will eventually lose its stickiness and need to be replaced. I've done this for both my accuquilt and Sizzix fabric dies.

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 01-01-2017 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:45 PM

You can buy racks similar to the accuquilt ones at WalMart in the kitcheb section for about 1/4 the cost.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
QuiltnLady, the bags seem to hold up fairly well, but the sticky stuff that holds the bottom closed wears out over time-- especially on the dies that get lots of use. In order to make sure the dies don't slide out I use several short pieces of blue painters tape on each of mine going from the back side of the package down over the bottom and up the front. The tape makes it easy to open the package, but holds well enough to keep the dies from sliding out when they're hanging up, and it is just sticky enough to hold shut without tearing the packaging when you want to open it. Just use your fingernail to burnish the top portion of the tape down on the front and back when you put the die back in the package. the tape will eventually lose its stickiness and need to be replaced. I've done this for both my accuquilt and Sizzix fabric dies.

Rob
Thanks -- I will do that as I have tons of painters tape. One of my strip dies came with a bag ripped on the side so I used colored duct tape to close it.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:15 AM

I store my sizzix dies on their side in a really long basket. I also heard not to store flat or stack
Old 01-03-2017, 04:55 PM

I store mine up on their side like books and use book ends. They sit on the long shelf under the table my go big is on.