Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
How do you store your batting? >

How do you store your batting?

How do you store your batting?

Old 07-05-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
I store 3 rolls (48 in. wide) under my quilting table on the rod made for batting storage, another 3 on a roll around batting rack that stands behind my cutting table so I can easily roll the batting onto the cutting table. I made the batting rack years ago out of lumber and pvc pipe. It's a 3 tier rack that I keep a roll of natural 80/20, a bleached 80/20 and a poly roll on. Then I have a metal rack that holds 2 rolls of king size, one natural 80/20 and one poly. It also has wheels so I can roll it from the garage into the basement as needed. Then a shelf in the garage holds cartons of black and bleached packages.
That's a LOT of batting!!!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:39 AM

I would love to be able to hang batting on a rod but that isn't possible for me. I do buy it on a roll so I purchased one of those utility buckets like they sell at Lowes and Home Depot and I just put them into the bucket and stand it in a corner. The bucket keeps the bottom clean and prevents them from falling over.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:47 AM

I have a couple large rolls of 100% cotton warm and natural. I keep them standing up in our closet, in the corners.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by NoraM View Post
That's a LOT of batting!!!
LOL I am a professional machine quilter and sell batting to my wonderful customers!
Old 08-20-2016, 08:37 PM

Bobbielinks, can you send a pic of your carts/shelves? I heard at a long arm guild meeting about using the rolling base of an old office chair that you take the chair off of and slip a PVC pipe over the left-over post, then slip the bat roll over the PVC pipe. That way you can move it and it doesn't take as much space, but I can't figure out how to get the hydraulic assemble off the chair post! Duh! I don't like putting bat on the bat bar under the frame, have to stand on my head to get it.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:01 PM

at the store.