Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I brand new at learning to sew.

I brand new at learning to sew.

I am disabled with the early stages of MS. I decided to learn to sew and quilt to kill the hours I spend at home. Im trying to gather the tools and supplies to begin learning the craft. My first project will be a wolf pillow and wall hanging. I have a brother model 2350 sewing machine but I don't have an owners manual or know how to thread it. I am also a severe dyslexic so I need advice on measuring and cutting fabric straight. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

on the internet downlow the manual or google
    #They Call Me QuickStitch!!

Power Poster
    What wolf pillow and wall hanging are you planning to do?

thank you for the advice I'll go there now.

Its just a basic pillow panel with the wolves and the full moon. I m planning on using some sunset and tan accents. I still trying to gather a stash of fabric, threads and trims for this project. Most of my projects will center around wildlife and native American themes

If your Brother is an LS2350 you can download a PDF of the manual here:

http://www.brother-usa.com/manuals/default.aspx?PGID=3&R3ModelID=LS2350#.URp6zqUhgg0
    Sweet Caroline

At the committee at church we go to, we have this gentlemen that cut us out some boards, out of wood. For example we use a 7 by 7 square board.Also you may want to invest in a cutting board stuff from walmart, they are expensive for the one time purchase,but worth it. It saves us time in cutting for larger quilts.

Be sure and buy your supplies at Joann fabrics store if possible. You can find coupons online and sign up for email coupons and snail mail coupons. That way you can use a 40% off coupon for any item you choose.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Good luck on your new adventure. You will be a whiz in no time. You were right to join this forum, everyone is so nice and helpful!
    Penny
    Country 1

Go on line and type in the information on your sewing machine it will take you to a web site and show the correct threading. Good luck to you and may God Bless
    Gods Blessings
    Happy Quilting

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast