Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
I've created a monster! >

I've created a monster!

I've created a monster!

Old 02-07-2014, 05:10 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

I don't need HGTV to come up with ideas. I drive my poor DH crazy. Enjoy your new sewing room!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:29 AM

still alot of us waiting in pictures : )
Old 02-07-2014, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by w7sue View Post
We have been talking about moving my two sewing tables out into the family room - I am really being kicked out of the 'radio room' (my husband is active in amateur radio). He wants the whole room to himself so he can set up more stations - he will be lonesome! I used to face the window and the front yard until he bought a HUGE desk and I got bumped to the other side of the room. I went from a straight line set up to an L-shape set up that just isn't working for me. My machine is on the far left instead of the far right and working on anything larger than a block is almost impossible. I would love to be able to turn our family room into my sewing room - longarm on one end and storage/sewing on the other end. I offered to get two recliners and to keep the big screen television so we could still enjoy that part of it ... no go ... go figure!
I was supposed to get half of the larger spare room, but it is full of guns, reloading, mill and ban saw that is seldom to never used, makes me want to throw a fit. This one has book shelves, my 4 sq ft of sewing area, two computers and puppies. And walkin closet that would be such a help is again full of gun stuff. I would love to have a big space and be able to use my sewing machine collection, but I guess not to be.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:11 PM

The DH in this house has said more than once "no more ideas"--but he has just about learned the look in my eyes when I start thinking "let's do something new here"--so he knows he's wasting his breath.....This old house is in a continual state of fix-up. Can't help myself--we moved 40 times in 20 years of AF service; and haven't moved once since we moved here in 1996. Just can't help myself......
Old 02-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Can't wait to see your pictures....Sound great...
Old 02-08-2014, 12:51 PM

I think I would tell him to move his gun stuff into the area that he is vacating you from, then he could have "all of his stuff" in "his room". Then you could start with a fresh slate.