Last Will anyone?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 AM

I told my dh to donate it to my charity quilting group. Or to have my friend advice him on how much to price everything if for some reason he needs money. I want to not have flowers but have people donate to various charities.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:47 AM

Yes that is really something everyone should think about.

I went once to an Estate sale where everything in this house was quilt related. I knew the people running the sale and they had no clue so they called me. I went in first and wow got some great stuff. This lady was the Queen of quilt shopping and this was after her neighbor got what they wanted..so I piled all my stuff up and they gave me a real good deal as they had no clue as how to price things...then I called all my quilting buddies and told them to getover there ASAP. We all made out like bandits. I only wish I had more money to spend!

Maybe one thing you could put in that Will is to have whoever who is in charge to call your local Quilt Guild and have them come and help and then give the guild part of the profits for their input. At least you will know it is not going to Goodwill and not into the trash!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:58 AM

I don't think it's weird at all - I've thought about the same but haven't done anything about it. I also need to figure out what happens to the fur babies...guess we know where my priorities are
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 PM

You can put my name down, I'll love it like my own. LOL
Old 09-04-2012, 04:36 PM

I have thought about it. No one in my family has the least interest in anything sewing related. The only reason some may fight over anything is just to fight. So I have already gotten rid of a lot of my vintage machines and will probably end up selling the few I have left. All Singer , all of the rocketeer type. I am trying to finish up all my big quilt tops and not start anymore just do small ones after this. I want to use up as much of my stash as possible and after that I will just buy what I need when I need it. I have already mostly cleaned out my extras in notions and am using up things like needles. Anything left can be given to anyone interested. I am not going to care one way or the other. lol But they better not throw out so much as a spool of thread , I despise waste.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 PM

I have no one to give it to, hmmmmm maybe bury me like a mummy???
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM

I love this will.will add it to my real will

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
I read where you should pin the names of your friends on your onfinished quilt tops etc and that way if you "go" when your family is going thru your stuff they will say "Oh, mom wanted Suzie to get this etc. I thought that was a good idea.

I looked up the Quilters Will and here it is....
http://quiltville.com/quilterswill.shtml
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com View Post
My husband and I had an odd conversation (for 50 year-olds anyway) about what I want him to do with my studio "stuff" if I go before him. After informing him that he IS going first, I really got to thinking about it. I have more stuff than any quilter really should, but he's a good hubby and apparently he loves me cause he actually takes me to quilt shops even with all the fabric and notions and machines that I already have. He figures that stuff in my studio is worth many thousands: two machines, a long arm, fabric, notions, lace, yarn, I don't know what all. Plus the stuff that I inherited from my mom.....

Okay, so what did I say? Goodness, I have no idea! Now I'm worried someone (namely my sons and dil's) will burn my stuff just to get rid of it!!! Oh goodness, that will not do. No one in my family can sew even a button, so there's no one to give it to or to say "decide about this."

Have you made arrangements for your quilting supplies and machines? What have you decided? What can anyone do or not do? How do they know? I'll agree that none of it will matter to me when St. Pete is asking questions, but I'd like to know that my work and love will not be tossed without even a thought. Like anyone, I've got tons of money and countless hours of working, organizing, hoarding in there. I need some advice! It's occurred to me that my work and hours may not even be considered.....
I have often wondereds myself. So one thing that I have done I have made quilts and just given them to all my sisters and nieces so they will have something to remember me by. I have also made a quilt and sent it to this 80 year old Lady in Ohio that was very kind to my brother when he needed help. There is just something about given something away and not expecting anything in return is such a blessing. You could make quilts for shelters or baby quilts for hosptials there is many people in need out there.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 AM

If you Really don't have a Soul in your Family Who will Give a #*$@*#$ Why not look for a Charity such as 'Linus Project' they are Always needing the things you have! PS. This could be in your Will.

Last edited by icon17; 09-05-2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 AM

I just thought of a request. When I die, who ever's left, I think it would make more sense, instead of THEM sending flowers, I send everyone in attendance, each, home with a fat quarter. The more I think about it, the more I like it!

Or maybe a pile of fat quarters there with a sign saying how much I wanted them to have one.