Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-01-2016, 09:14 AM

I would really like to organize my scraps. Currently they are divided by color but I have strips, squares, snippets, etc. Can't decide if they should be cut uniformly and if so, to what size. Any suggestions?
Old 01-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Banned

Well seeing as I am not at home it will be impossible for me to start
today.

But as cold as it is here in the mountains of Colorado (-19 at day break),
and is currently only up to 4 degrees. That would be a wonderful project
to work on.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Zozee, you are too enthusiastic for me already. Everything in my sewing room goes in neatly and when I turn my back for one minute, they all decide to play together. Then they get in arguments with each other, have a fight, and it looks like a mess. Sometimes, the threads will join in with them, tangle everything up and poop out and just lay there. I go in there to clean it up and the scissors start in. It's just one big mess and everytime I clean it up they all get together for a party. It's and endless pit to me. I'll stay on the side lines and watch you all get organized, if that's o.k.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:23 AM

I started yesterday also. I cleaned part of my cutting table cabinet and found a white elephant gift, 17 long cabin quilt blocks. Looked at them and used 16 to make a table topper. Not through with it yet. Will need a piece of backing fabric. I will use leftover batting to make the sandwich.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:27 AM

I started looking for my sewing room on Dec. 30,2015. Hope to have found the last of my counter tops by the end of the day. I had high hopes of sewing all day today, but alas, that is not to be. It seems I am always starting to clean that room, one of these days I hope to say I have finished cleaning that room, that will be about the same time I can say I have no UFO's. LOL HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Old 01-01-2016, 09:55 AM

How the rainbow colors are ordered --- red,orange,yellow,green, blue, indigo, and violet. I organize my scraps into shoeboxes on open bookshelves this way also. My mind just thinks that way and I can see at a glance how much of each color I have. My yellows are in very short supply. My blues are prolific. Blacks and whites get their own boxes. Greys and Browns share a box.

QUOTE=ctyankee;7419999]I will start with organizing all the Christmas fabric that is literally all over the place!

And what does ROYGBIV mean? (Maybe I can do that, too!)

Thanks for the motivation![/QUOTE]
Old 01-01-2016, 10:00 AM

I have a new sewing table coming this week so re-organizing is a necessity! Started on my fat quarters yesterday, but much more to do to make my new table fit comfortably! It's a Tailor Made brand and I can't wait to put my machine on it and utilize all those drawers!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:00 AM

I work work better when I have a likeminded cohort along! you all who join up on this are that cohort����
As for the 15 minutes, yes, it's almost always just a starting point and gets me in the groove, but sometimes I need both the push to start and the promise of an end in sight.

Originally Posted by Lindybug View Post
Oh Zozee, you are an enabler!
Thanks for getting us all fired up! And it's always so encouraging when that 15 minutes becomes 30 or 60 and we've done so much more than expected.
I'll tidy my sewing space, then get a UFO ready to sew - should be less than half an hour.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:05 AM

I'll say yes because it was fabric. And because you may have needed that more than you needed to organize something in your sewing room. I made myself take all my Christmas crap down and box it up before I headed into my play room.

Originally Posted by just janet View Post
I organized a draw of scarves that was spilling over. Not related to sewing but does that count?
Old 01-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

I did this a week ago so my room is all pristine and waiting for me to mess it up again. I am taking down christmas decor and ready to put it all away today. That of course reveals the dusty counters and furniture. Nevada is a dusty place to live. So I guess my fun job will be to dust clean and put away that stuff and vacuum . I sometimes wonder if the decor is worth the hard work and effort. Don't mind me, I just wanted to join in the fun, but got overwhelmed for a second there. LOL... I just would like to sit and sew. Know what I mean?