Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My "cutting" room

I work in a "Guest room" too but I have a big space and I had the closets lined with shelves to use for my crafts and quilt stash. I keep thinking get rid of the bed would help but that is my design space. I love your old machines being displayed.

Blog Entries
    I have a small room too...It would bigger if I removed my treadmill and massage chair but I have no where else to put them...I wish my rooms were bigger.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, makes me & DH very proud, especially DH & I appreciate everything that he does for me. My vintage machines are: Cutting room (dark shelf) 1923 La Vencedora with domed top, white shelf 1936 Celtic swirl that was given to me, Sewing room: small shelf - 1946 FW, right hand shelf 1914 Sphinx (which I removed from the treadle cabinet as it is in bad shape. I also have a New Williams treadle machine from late 1800's that I am still working on. It comes in a beautiful oak cabinet which just needs some minor "spit & polish".
    Thanks for looking.
    Dance like no one is watching

wonderful that you have mirrored doors. Doesn't that make it feel a bit bigger? sure works for me.
    We needed a decent sized space for guests and grandkids for years, and I am finally going to have it.
    Yay!
    I love, love, love seeing other ppl's sewing spaces. thanks
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

Blog Entries
    I love the way you are able to display your collections and the couch is a wonderful addition. To have a nice place to comfortably hand sew would be wonderful. Thanks for the great ideas.
    Quilted Blessings

If you can't notice it on a galloping horse at 60 feet, it's just fine.

Terrific cutting room! Nicely organized! I love the shelves and your machines!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Lucky you to have graduated to better quarters. Your hubby did an awsome job with the woodworking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
    wonderful that you have mirrored doors. Doesn't that make it feel a bit bigger? sure works for me.
    We needed a decent sized space for guests and grandkids for years, and I am finally going to have it.
    Yay!
    I love, love, love seeing other ppl's sewing spaces. thanks
    Yes, I love the mirrored doors. They are in both rooms & they are sliders so they don't open up into my rooms & take up space. When I started into the vintage journey, the sole purpose was to put them on display in my 2 rooms & so far it works. I have a chance for another, a Singer Spartan, but unless it's a portable I won't be able to take it as I won't have the room. Thank goodness my DH makes such beautiful shelves to help display them. I know I am very lucky (but I hope he thinks he is too !!!) LOL
    Dance like no one is watching

Both of your rooms are great. You have them so well organized. I need to make my sewing rooms better quilter friendly.

A great room and beautiful machines. Two rooms are better than nothing. I sew in a small room and in my dining room.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast