Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Leaders & Enders Setup

I have a shoebox or 3 of 2" squares and when doing scrappies I use them as sashing and borders, looks great.

I love making 4 patch posies, so after I get these cut out, I often use them as leaders and enders. I have the added fun of seeing the finished design show up after sewing the 4 squares together on their second run thru as leaders and enders!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I love doing 4 Patch Posies so once I get a bunch cut out, I use them for leaders/enders. I have the added fun of seeing how the patterns turn out after the second run thru as L/E.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Thankfully don't need leaders or enders. I use two straight stitch only machines and they never eat fabric. One I use for piecing has the automatic thread cutter. I might lose 1/2" of thread, but, no more.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I've been doing this for a while and have several "pairs." I'm thinking about doing a kind of Irish chain. I've tried to sew a light onto a dark for now. It's a great idea!
    Sewing: Cheaper than therapy!

I do this with small strips to make a piano key border for finishing. It is a way to keep them organized and then you have sashing ready also.It is also mindless sewing when you do not have any "Get up and Go ". Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK View Post
    I have a shoebox or 3 of 2" squares and when doing scrappies I use them as sashing and borders, looks great.
    Here is a pic of a Scrappy Prairie Chicken quilt I am in the process of making using the 2" squares for sashing, I think it gives an added dimension and I like the effect so much that I am going to keep all my small squares now for sashing and borders for my scrappy quilts.

BTW I do know there are a couple of errors on the yellow blocks but I did so much unpicking on them I couldn't risk doing any more, it will be a reminder to me not to do any complicated quilting when upset!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love how that looks as sashing! I was thinking about doing the same thing -- I have made a few 12" blocks with my 2"block scraps and want to put them all together without destroying that scrappy look. I have to do it QAYG style so I must join the blocks in some creative way if I don't want each one defined too much. I think this sashing will work really well! Here are some of my completed blocks:
    Name:  postagestampblock.JPG
Views: 163
Size:  698.2 KB

Raven I love your blocks and can understand what you are saying as I had a challenge when trying out the Disappearing 16 patch. http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot...-16-patch.html The way the pattern works you end up with the tips of triangles cut off so lining them up or a plain sashing was a no-no so I decided on a fussy lined pattern sashing which draws your eye away from it, works for me, don't know about anybody else tho'
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by QultingaddictUK; 06-27-2013 at 02:32 AM.

I am going to start doing this too. wow.
    A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast