Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
My messy sewing room - NO MORE >

My messy sewing room - NO MORE

My messy sewing room - NO MORE

Old 06-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Wow,looks just like a quilt shop.
You sure do have it very bright & cheerful to work in.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:37 PM

nice room i am in the process of setting up my first quilt/sewing room. do you have any suggestions i can use. as well how do you get the fabric to stand up on the shelves like that. i went a little overboard when in the states this winter and came back with over 100 yards of fabric so i have a little to store, lol, any suggestions there. i have a bookshelf, a bookshelf/dresser and a sewing table that folds up into a cube with storage in that. so what would you recommend for purchasing useful items. i also have alot of swedish weaving fabric and wool to store as well. i could go on but i will stop here for now. thanks for liistening.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

A perfect retreat.
peace
Old 06-25-2012, 06:01 PM

Your room looks sooooo good - peaceful, organized, a great place to work with beautiful fabric. And what did I focus on???? Your special quote on "only God is perfect; our quilts do not have to be."
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Looks very nice. I actually need to get some cabinets. It's too dusty here for just shelves.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:26 PM

I love your room too. May I ask where you got the lidded boxes on top of the bookshelves? I've been trying to find decorative boxes with lids for my bedroom closet to hide stuff in and haven't found just the right thing yet.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:37 PM

Wow, love your room! Love the ladybugs! It's fantastic.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Very nice sewing room wish mine looked like that clean.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 PM

They are comic book cards and I purchased them at a comic book store. Mine cost $11 for 100 plus tax. I purchased 400 cards and used every last one. If you check My messy sewing room post- you will see what it used to look like. Another board member suggested the comic book cards and I liked the idea. The more you put on the shelf the straighter they stand. I got tired and just started putting mine the other way and it looks fine. I would suggest just making a post and ask for suggestions, you will get a lot of response from members like I did. Good luck and show us!
Originally Posted by huntersgrammie View Post
nice room i am in the process of setting up my first quilt/sewing room. do you have any suggestions i can use. as well how do you get the fabric to stand up on the shelves like that. i went a little overboard when in the states this winter and came back with over 100 yards of fabric so i have a little to store, lol, any suggestions there. i have a bookshelf, a bookshelf/dresser and a sewing table that folds up into a cube with storage in that. so what would you recommend for purchasing useful items. i also have alot of swedish weaving fabric and wool to store as well. i could go on but i will stop here for now. thanks for liistening.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 PM

The liddded boxes you see on top of the bookshelves are pattern boxes. I purchased most of them at Joanns a long time ago so I don't know what kind they have now as I haven't purchased any in a long time.
Originally Posted by DJinSC View Post
I love your room too. May I ask where you got the lidded boxes on top of the bookshelves? I've been trying to find decorative boxes with lids for my bedroom closet to hide stuff in and haven't found just the right thing yet.