Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: MY new room

MY new room

When we first looked at our home our realtor described this little room as the baby room. Well, I knew that wasn't happening so the room became the catch-all space. Items for Goodwill was stashed in it till pick-up day, or Christmas or birthday presents were hidden in the space. In my mind it was too small of a room to do anything with. I sewed at the kitchen table and life went along just fine, year after year.

Then one day it hit me. I should have my own space, my own room for sewing, and I thought of this little room. I cleaned everything out, moved a table into it and life went on just fine. Then last spring I asked DH to build a sewing table, with drawers and a sewing machine lift. Love it! He built the peg board for my supplies and hung the design wall. We hung baby photos of our boys. He surprised me when he installed not only a TV for a little entertainment but also a blue-ray player. This Christmas he gave me ceiling lights and a few Ott Lights to brighten the space.

I love my little sewing space!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image    Click to view large image  Click to view large image    Click to view large image  Click to view large image   

BTW, My fabric stash is in another room.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

LAQ: www.QuiltsbyCarole.com

I think your D is a keeper! Love your space
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

great sewing space.last house I had before current home the sewing room was very tiny.sewing desk and cutting table filled it.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

What a wonderful space just for you! He's a keeper! I have a room but I need all the lighting and some more organization.
    Debra

Blog Entries
    Hey love all those babies too...WOW...LOL love the room, couldn't do without mine..if kids ever came home they would have to sleep in the barn.
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Fabulous!!
    SUEB

LOVE your space! I'm having design wall envy!
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

Blog Entries
    You have such a lovely room and even a comfy resting chair. Wow, you have a lot in your "little room" (smile). Great job. Thank you for sharing.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

This is beautiful!!! Every bit of it. And what wonderful work your husband did!
    Lenette

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast